Chevy owner 37+ years - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage
Chevy owner 37+ years

Hello guys, I joined the site a while back but just recently made my first post. Guess I also should officially introduce myself here. First I'd like to say CHEVROLET#1. My first car was a Chevy and I have owned Chevy's ever since. Now going on 37+ years. My most recent addition was an 06 Malibu LT 3.5 which my mom bought brand new and currently has about 62,000 miles. The 06 Malibu is very comfortable and the 3.5 V6 has lots of power. I'm also impressed by the fuel mileage of this V6. It's a great car. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Garage
Re: Chevy owner 37+ years

Well, howdy, pardner! And welcome to CMF.

Pics are a good thing, so if/when ya get some, share some.

My first car was a '66 Chevy II station wagon (not the Nova trim level, just basic) with a 230 1v and 3-in-the-tree. After that I just bought whatever I found: '66 Dodge Polara 2 dr with 383 2v, '67 Caprice station wagon with 327 or 350 (don't recall) 4v, '64 Rambler 440H with 216 straight 6 2v and manual overdrive (that was a fun car!), '64 Mercury Park Lane with 390 4v and electric center rear window, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

I've actually owned 1 Datsun and 1 Toyota, but those were abnormal purchases.

The car that was the most fun was a sleeper: a beige '75 box Nova 4-door with 350 4v automatic. I had to put 210 pounds of water softener salt in the trunk and 60-series tires on it to keep it from spinning the tires with hardly any throttle. My Dominoes manager rode with me one evening and I even had the illuminated sign on top. On the way back from the delivery he witnessed me leaving a brand new '88 or '89 Mazda RX7 in the dust at 3 or more traffic lights in a row! (Window sticker was still on it.) And those wide tires really made the curves nice, too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
Well, howdy, pardner! And welcome to CMF.

Pics are a good thing, so if/when ya get some, share some.

My first car was a '66 Chevy II station wagon (not the Nova trim level, just basic) with a 230 1v and 3-in-the-tree. After that I just bought whatever I found: '66 Dodge Polara 2 dr with 383 2v, '67 Caprice station wagon with 327 or 350 (don't recall) 4v, '64 Rambler 440H with 216 straight 6 2v and manual overdrive (that was a fun car!), '64 Mercury Park Lane with 390 4v and electric center rear window, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

I've actually owned 1 Datsun and 1 Toyota, but those were abnormal purchases.

The car that was the most fun was a sleeper: a beige '75 box Nova 4-door with 350 4v automatic. I had to put 210 pounds of water softener salt in the trunk and 60-series tires on it to keep it from spinning the tires with hardly any throttle. My Dominoes manager rode with me one evening and I even had the illuminated sign on top. On the way back from the delivery he witnessed me leaving a brand new '88 or '89 Mazda RX7 in the dust at 3 or more traffic lights in a row! (Window sticker was still on it.) And those wide tires really made the curves nice, too!
Howdy Howdy Howdy,

My first car was a beat up 1966 Chevelle SS 396 which I have managed to hold onto through thick and thin. I've owned several other Chevelle's. They are my favorite cars. I like them bone stock or built to the hilt.

I don't have any pictures handy at the moment of the 06 Malibu. I have some pictures on a disc around here somewhere or I will take a couple new pictures after washing the car. She is overdue for a good cleaning and wax.

You have owned some interesting cars. The 66 Chevy ll wagon and 66 Caprice wagon are really cool. I have always liked wagons. They are great vehicles but will drag the rear bumper sometimes when negotiating steep driveways or dips. I've owned 4 wagons. They were (in order of purchase) 1977 Caprice Estate, 1966 Chevelle, 1973 Chevelle and 1966 Oldsmobile F-85.

I knew a guy that had a Polara. I think his was a 383 but all high performance. It was a very nice car.

Sleepers are fun. I bet that guy in the new RX7 tripped out on a plain jane grocery getter blowing his doors off. That's too cool. Nothing like a good ol Chevy 350 with a 4 barrel. Gotta love it.

My first car was a Chevy and I have owned Chevy's ever since. Now going on 37+ years. CHEVROLET#1.

Last edited by 2006_Malibu_LT; 01-12-2017 at 04:19 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 01:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad that you decided to join us and post. Show us your Malibu when you get a chance. You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Have fun surfing around!

Chevy Malibu

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
|
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad that you decided to join us and post. Show us your Malibu when you get a chance. You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Have fun surfing around!
Happy to be here!

My first car was a Chevy and I have owned Chevy's ever since. Now going on 37+ years. CHEVROLET#1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.