Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of questions about the lighting and Android Auto

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  perfectreign 
#1 ·
Hi, I hope these questions haven't already been answered.

One, when I leave my car at night the interior lights do not come on and I can't figure out how to toggle that option. Sorry if it's obvious.

Two questions dealing with Android Auto annoyances; When my wife sends me a text to my Samsung Galaxy 6 while it's hooked up to Android Auto, I can hear it played fine, but I want to have the text actually displayed on the screen. The reason for this is when I ask if she and the family want anything from fast food and that she should text me what they want, I'd like to be able to read it out loud without having to unplug my phone to read the text.

The Second one is more a Malibu/Bose 9 speaker thing. If I'm streaming Spotify on Android Auto and I want to adjust the bass or treble, I have to go back to my radio and go to menu and options to access the sounds adjustments. This changes what I'm hearing from Spotify to the radio and that is quite irritating.

Am I missing something? Is there an easier way to adjust the tone while streaming in AA?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
The lights have a button up by the rear-view mirror. The button's default position is lights on with doors open. If you push it, a small amber light on the button comes on and the lights will stay off at night and with the doors open. If you have one with the sunroof, it is right next to all those controls. Also, there is another switch right by it that lets you turn all the lights on.

The Android Auto will block you from reading or seeing text on the car screen if the vehicle is in motion. There is no way to bypass this. If your phone is hooked up through Android Auto, it is automatically put into "Car/Drive Mode" and it does not let you access anything for safety reasons. Again, there is nothing to bypass that either. Your only alternative would be to charge through one of the rear USB ports and play music only through the Bluetooth.

Also, in reference to the audio adjustments, your not able to adjust that if you are in AA mode. No easy way to get around that.

#4 ·
Before using Android Auto, read the permissions. They require you to allow them to read and record any PERSONAL conversations, your contacts, texts, etc. No way around it. If you disable the record function in Android Auto, they disable the overhead microphone - You're then stuck with, "Ok Google' which is spotty at best. They are really asking a lot for access to Andord Auto.

#6 ·
I tried both Android Auto with my Galaxy S6 and Apple Car Play with my Iphone 6s. I really don't like either of them. Since my primary device is a Windows Mobile 10 HP Elite X3, I find I'll just keep the BT connection and use the on-screen navigation.

Only need to figure how to disable the navigation which wants to prevent me from looking up items while driving. On my Avalanche, I did this by clipping a green wire under the dash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.