What did you pay? - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:42 AM
CMF Senior Member

Re: What did you pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
I bought the LTZ. The only additional options were the Red Jewel Tintcoat and the rear power package.

MSRP including destination charges: $28290
Dealer Invoice Price with destination: $26708
I paid, with destination: $26505

$203 below dealer invoice. Plus tax and $100 Documentation Fee. I recommend Brandow Chevrolet in Florence, NJ. without hesitation.
Pizzaman - did this include any rebates/GM discounts or di they offer the car to you below dealer invoice? My co-worker just bought a LT1 in Flemington and they were only willing to go $250 below MSRP, so she utilized GM Supplier price instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
CMF Honorary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooboo View Post
Pizzaman - did this include any rebates/GM discounts or di they offer the car to you below dealer invoice? My co-worker just bought a LT1 in Flemington and they were only willing to go $250 below MSRP, so she utilized GM Supplier price instead.
No rebates or discounts of any kind. In fact, it was the dealers first price. I figured there was no point in haggling with them. I knew going in the dealers invoice price was by using Edmunds.com. I was satisfied with the first offer. Remember now, I ordered in November '07. Malibu's in our area were kind of rare back then and maybe there was some manufacturer to dealer incentive that I wasn't aware of at the time. Also remember, I opted not to order the sun roof. I just don't use for them very often. That saved $800.

The dealer told me they don't advertise, so they don't have that cost to recover. Give Brandow a shot. If you do, ask for Jim Lynch. He's the sales manager and he handled my transaction. You may drop my name as a reference, it may help.

Name=Joe Santone
post #13 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Man View Post
No rebates or discounts of any kind. In fact, it was the dealers first price. I figured there was no point in haggling with them. I knew going in the dealers invoice price was by using Edmunds.com. I was satisfied with the first offer. Remember now, I ordered in November '07. Malibu's in our area were kind of rare back then and maybe there was some manufacturer to dealer incentive that I wasn't aware of at the time. Also remember, I opted not to order the sun roof. I just don't use for them very often. That saved $800.

The dealer told me they don't advertise, so they don't have that cost to recover. Give Brandow a shot. If you do, ask for Jim Lynch. He's the sales manager and he handled my transaction. You may drop my name as a reference, it may help.

Name=Joe Santone

Thanks Joe! I might just do that.

post #14 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
CMF Honorary Member

Quote:
Thanks Joe! I might just do that.
When you're ready to take the plunge, PM me your name and I'll try to notify Jim Lynch to expect you. I can't promise anything, but I'm willing to give it a try.
post #15 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 09:15 PM
CMF Senior Member

27,801.46 out the door after all taxes, title and fees on a fully loaded LTZ with sunroof and rear power center. Supplier discount plus haggling between dealers got the price down
post #16 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
CMF Junior Member

MSRP was $28,495.00. After GMS and rebate, bought it for $25,157.43. Fully loaded LTZ.
post #17 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 07:04 PM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtdukone View Post
MSRP was $28,495.00. After GMS and rebate, bought it for $25,157.43. Fully loaded LTZ.
What kind of rebate and how much?
post #18 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
CMF Junior Member

Quote:
What kind of rebate and how much?
$1000 GM Loyalty Cash.

P.S. If anybody here is going to buy a new GM product, and wants a SUPPLIER discount, I can give one away each month. Just PM me, or email me at dsrtdukone@hotmail.com
post #19 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:31 AM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtdukone View Post
$1000 GM Loyalty Cash.

P.S. If anybody here is going to buy a new GM product, and wants a SUPPLIER discount, I can give one away each month. Just PM me, or email me at dsrtdukone@hotmail.com
I looked up the GM supplier price and it was $27,365 for an MSRP of $28,540 ($1200 off). Plus the $1000 loyalty would be $26,365. How did you get it down another $1200? Did you haggle below that price?
post #20 of 382 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
CMF Junior Member

Funny story, GM had a 1% price increase in January but my dealer forgot to change the window sticker when the car arrived. I got the old price of $21,945 for my 1LT Silverstone with ebony interior. Plus I was awarded the owner loyalty rebate of $1,000 and another $1,000 April bonus cash which means I got the car for $19,945. Then I traded in a 2000 Monte Carlo SS and a 2002 Trailblazer which got me $16,500 so I walked away owing $3,445 plus tax. Pretty sweet deal. A few days ago I got a card from my salesman thanking me for the deal and telling me they gave me one of the $1,000 rebates by mistake. Too bad, so sad, the deal was done. And I sent him a sympathy card.

08' 1LT, Silverstone Metallic, Ebony cloth, 17" Hankook with Chromes, power package option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.