Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door panel trim coming off

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  WHITECHEV13 
#1 ·
I just noticed today that the chrome trim piece on the drivers side door is popping up. I got the car two weeks ago and it's a 2016 Malibu LT new body style. I tried a small amount of force to get it back in but didn't want to push too hard and damage something. I wanted to know if there's a way to get it back in or if I should take it into the dealer. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Take it to the dealer. If you attempt a repair and damage it they are within their rights to decline to fix it under warranty, although I doubt they'd choose to do that.

#4 ·
My passenger side door panel is rattling, both from the Bose radio and from bumps in the road. I have suspicion it's that chrome piece vibrating. I'm trying to hold off from taking it in till first oil change, but the vibration is driving me nuts lol

#5 · (Edited)
I have some vibrating issues with my new 2016 Malibu LS as well, driving me nuts, but based on past issues with cars rattling, they can be a bear to find, I believe somewhere in the driver side dash when I am at the right engine rev the dash starts vibrating, I have been unable to find it, push all over the Dash when its happening and it still vibrates. Ugh. Hate bringing a new car in for this type of issue.

#8 · (Edited)
Appointment made for next Tuesday for Dash vibration, I hope they can figure this one out the first time.

Edit: A Plus that when I dropped it off this morning they took a ride with me and heard the noise I was talking about, he didn't think it was in the dash but something under the hood vibrating.

They gave me the old body style Malibu to drive while mine is in the shop and have to admit that I prefer the new interior design a whole lot better.

Edit 2:Well now its Wednesday and they told me they are going to replace the heat pipe for this vibration noise and I probably wont get it back till Thursday now. We shall see.

#10 ·
My trim is also popping up like this on my 13 malibu. I just chalked it up as classic cheap GM quality. The longer I own this car the more I regret sticking with GM. And the wheel bearing issue. Well we all know GM doesn't know how to make a wheel bearing since I had these issue on my 98 grand prix. And 01 grand am. Think I'm done with GM for good after this vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.