Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remote Start

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SBUBandit 
#1 ·
This might be an odd question. I was talking with a buddy. Considering the fact that our lt1 doesn't have the factory remote start. he said something like it might be possible that all the wireing is there just needs a sensor and a new remote...any truth to this or am i just going to have to go aftermarket

#3 ·
I can't remember if this was my old Cobalt or this Malibu..

I believe yours is remote-start ready. You would have to bring it to your local Goodwrench centre, have them give you the new keyfobs and activate the remote-start feature on the vehicle.

It's already wired for the feature.

#6 ·
Does the trunk open with the button on the driver's door? If so, the trunk opener operates and nothing on the car needs serviced. You may have dirty contacts on the fob or the battery clip may be loose or disconnected inside the fob.

#7 ·
Try replacing the button pad on the remote. You can pickup a new button pad on ebay for a couple bucks, then just pop open the remote and swap them. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, but it does. I've replaced mine because it wouldn't unlock and my sister in laws because it wouldn't remote start. Both were fixed easily for a couple dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.