Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remote Start?

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SliverMossMan 
#1 ·
I wonder if anyone has had this problem or I just dont know how to work the remote start. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I lock the doors and press the button and old it down. I know its only supposed to take 4-5 seconds but I get nothing. Then at other times it works ok.

#3 ·
I think it limits the number of times in a row you can use it. I.e if you use the fob and go start-stop, start-stop, eventually it will refuse as far as I remember. I was trying to fix my defroster and I remember at some point it just started flashing the lights and not starting.

It also will not work if the hood is open, or if you're trying to extend the remote start running time more than once.

#4 ·
Well this doesn't really answer your question but it follows up on Yuri's response.. the vehicle will only allow you to remote-start two times before you must put the key in the ignition.. I don't recall why this is (petrol saver?).. but yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#6 ·
Just throwing this out there since I don't know your procedure, but if you're coming out in the morning to start the car (example...) you have to press the lock button first (even though the car is already locked) then press the start button for 2-4 seconds. This is of course assuming you're within range and your key fob's battery isn't low.

#7 ·
I know its only supposed to take 4-5 seconds but I get nothing.
Also, when you get nothing, do headlights flash when you hold the remote start button? If yes, then do you have Check Engine light on?
I agree with Yuri, the remote starter feature caan only be used twice, after that you have to put the key in :)

And, all these suggestions were made under an assumption that you don't use an aftermarket remote starter, you use the one that is installed by GM.

#8 ·
Well the car has been sitting in the garage for a while and I went to try it again. I lock the doors and then hold down the remote start button ( yes Factory Installed) it works fine. I let it run about 30 seconds and then turn it off with the remote to see if it will do it a second time. I lock the doors then hit the remote start the marker lights flash and then nothing.

Sometimes it wont do it the first time at all. I tried it with both remotes also with the same results. I may run it by the dealer to see what they say. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.