Front headrests - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Front headrests

We find the headrests on the front seats of out 2011 Malibu unconfortable, in that they seem to push your head forward. Does anyone know if there is some type of "tilt" adjustment built in, or only up & down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Re: Front headrests

I have a 2011 malibu and to my knowledge there is no adjustment. They just slide up and dow in the seat back.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

I have heard others say the headrests were uncomfortable / annoying! You have to remember that it is not a comfort thing and is more of a safety devise but I surely understand!

I find the OEM headrest forces your head forward if you rest your head back against it.

I was fortunate that I was able to upgrade my headrest with GM optional DVD Headrest when I first bought my Malibu, which adjust forward and back!

All in all, I have not been crazy about the Malibu seats in general, they are not the most comfortable seats. Just my opinion!

Last edited by 08chevymalibultz; 08-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montara24d View Post
We find the headrests on the front seats of out 2011 Malibu unconfortable,
A couple of thoughts:

Is that "we" really more than one person ?

You might find significant relief just by reclining the seat back, back a notch or two. Or depending on your posture habits, maybe forward a notch or two.

And failing any of THAT, maybe a body shop could hook you up with an upholstery shop that could take an inch or so out of the padding......if it REALLY bothers you.

In your normal driving posture, your head should stay relatively close to the headrest.......but it doesn't need to be actually touching it.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Chevy Representatives

Dear montara24d,

I have researched the owner's manual of the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. After reading into the head restraints in this document, I would have to agree with malibupaul2011. The headrest are adjustable up and down.

I would like to thank you and other members of the forum that have shared their feedback about this. I will be sure to document your comments. By me doing this, it will allow the information to be saved and other various departments within General Motors will be able to view this.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned

My wife has complained about our headrest but I was able to adjust ours with the upgrade DVD option ones! I “We” think it is more than a headrest problem and is the seat design in conjunction “together”

I have never felt this way on any of my vehicles that I have owned in the past or current except on the Malibu! It is not awful but it does stick out and is noticeable, which some find uncomfortable!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKen View Post
A couple of thoughts:

Is that "we" really more than one person ?

Thanks to all for the response. Yes "WE' means my wife & I.

I guess I'll start searching for the DVD headrests

Last edited by DrivenDaily; 09-03-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montara24d View Post
Thanks to all for the response. Yes "WE' means my wife & I.

I guess I'll start searching for the DVD headrests
I find this somewhat interesting since I've never had a headrest that was "uncomfortable" because I've never had a car where my head touched the "rest" in normal use. And that's about 20 or so different cars over about 45 years.

I wonder how many other people have this complaint ??
There must be a seating posture preference difference.......or maybe height.
I'm "Smurf" size, at 5' 4".
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 08:15 PM
CMF Rookie Member

I am getting tv monitors for my head rest I will put up pics when I get it done.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Garage

MILO,
Thanks for posting that link! I was gonna either search for it or post it again.

If you read that thread you'll note that mine were so uncomfortable that it was annoying. Changing them out for 2009 versions made all the difference!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.