Stuck..what is the difference between the LTZ & LT other than leather seats & wheels? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Stuck..what is the difference between the LTZ & LT other than leather seats & wheels?

I am picking up a 2010 Chevy Malibu in Silver on Saturday, God willing. I just sold my car. Just wanted to know what's the difference between the Chevy LTZ and the LT? Besides the leather seats, v6(which im debating on getting, any v4 opinions?) and the bigger wheels with rims? All info is much appreciated! Thanks. I love Chevy's cars, their beautiful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: Stuck..what is the difference between the LTZ & LT other than leather seats & whe

I'd for sure get the V6. The LTZ ads auto climate control, fog lights, and some chrome. I personally think it's worth the little extra cash. It makes the car look that much more special when it's an LTZ.

Present:

2014 Cadillac ATS4 3.6L Premium Collection

2006 GMC Envoy SLT

Past:

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ V6 (29,520 miles)

Black Granite on Cocoa Cashmere with 3.6L V6, Sunroof, and... Cargo Nets!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Re: Stuck..what is the difference between the LTZ & LT other than leather seats & whe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin2Malibu View Post
Just wanted to know what's the difference between the Chevy LTZ and the LT?
I don't think that there is a single "right" answer to that question.......as some of the 1LT models come loaded with extras and some don't (because they were ordered that way).

The LT or 1LT is the base model but mine has remote start, sun roof, electric drivers seat, none of which is standard on a "plain" LT......yet it is still classified that way.

I find the 4 to be more than adequate. It gets a tiny bit better gas mileage but not much. It has good "pep" but less than the 6. Only you know how important "performance" is to you.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
CMF Honorary Member

Search, this has been discused in length before.

Respected Former Administrator of CMF
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM
CMF Junior Member

I'll put a couple of links here to help you. They're for the 2011 but very little
if anything changed from 2010 as far as equipment is concerned.
I grew up with V8's and swore I'd never have a 6 cylinder. Then the industry drove me to drive the 6's and I swore I'd never have a 4 cylinder.
I now have a 4 cylinder and it's plenty for my needs (I'm older now though).

The first link is the brochure
http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...atalog_web.pdf

The second link goes to GM's website for the 2011 Malibu
http://www.chevrolet.com/2011-malibu-mid-size-sedan/

Good luck with your choice, whatever you decide on.

Greg
2011 Malibu 2LT platinum in gold mist
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:48 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
I'd for sure get the V6. The LTZ ads auto climate control, fog lights, and some chrome. I personally think it's worth the little extra cash. It makes the car look that much more special when it's an LTZ.
The LTZ is the only way to go
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Garage

I had an '09 2LT. The biggest differences between it and my '11 LTZ that I would use to make a decision are:

2LT has manual climate control, LTZ has auto: I prefer manual
2LT has no fogs; LTZ does: they can be added later
2LT has 6-way driver seat, manual passenger; LTZ has 8-way driver, 6-way passenger: either is good

For an engine, the V6 gets nearly as much mileage as the I4 and has a lot more power, something the overweight 'Bu needs as much as it can find. Approx. 250 vs. 170 HP.

Exterior: 2LT has black grille; LTZ has silvery grille
I painted mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Thank you for all the great answers, i'm still undecided. I will be making my decision on Saturday So i'll let you guys know. Can't wait to smoke out my windows and throw some rims on it. She's going to be a sexy sight whether she be LT or LTZ!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
CMF Senior Member

I say go LT, and spend the extra cash you save on mods...

I went 1LT, because I don't like leather or chrome. and I didn't even consider a 4-cyl, but that's just me.

2009 1LT, white on cocoa...
3.5L 4-spd...
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
CMF Senior Member

3.6L is the only way to go

Enkei EKM3 18's, Kumho LX platinum 245/45/18, CAI, Tinted Tails, PTM badges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.