Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 Wheel Bolt Pattern?

48K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  golly51 
#1 ·
I realize there's next to no 2016's on the forum yet, but does anyone know of a website / source that list bolt pattern for the new 2016's? I've tried tire rack but they haven't updated yet.

Hopefully picking up car Monday need to source winter wheels / tires.

Thanks

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure it's 5x115, which makes it nice I can use old Impala/Grand Prix wheels for snow tires.

#8 ·
Today I went to pick up new wheels I had ordered for my 16 Premier. It has 19" wheels. Everyone including the wheel manufacturer assumed the bolt pattern was 5 x 120. Luckily I asked the installer to try on one new wheel before the tires were taken off the stock wheels and mounted on the new. I just wanted to see how the new wheel fit in the wheel well.

They took off one of the stock wheels and tried to bolt on the new wheel. It did not fit. These new wheels were 19" 5 x 120. I asked them to find a 5 x 115 bolt pattern wheel to see if that fit. It did. So the 5 x 120 bolt pattern info is incorrect, unless the Premier has a different bolt pattern than the other 16 Malibus.

#11 ·
So the 2013-2015 Malibu's are 5x120?

While the 2016 Malibu limited LT should be the same as 5x120?

The new 2016 design Malibu gen 9 would be the 5x115?

Sorry I just want to clarify this? Kind of got me confused. ?

#15 ·
Ha, it is highly doubtful that GM changed the bolt pattern for safety. It may have been a 'what looks better' in some artist's rendition routine. Having said that, by changing up the fitment it also helps out the business relationships between GM and their OEM suppliers as well plus obviously for the after market firms like TSW. Wheel purchasers are considered by smart executives to have an 'inelastic' demand curve. Thus, by changing the bolt pattern often, they can continue to command/maintain higher profit margins for everyone involved....:serious:

#17 ·
I went back to TSW website after I saw your post and they still do not list the Malibu 2016 on their fitment guide. They listed the Volt as 114.3 and the Impala as 120. Still a lot of confusion out there.

All I can do is tell you what I went through.

I purchased mine from a dealer not directly from TSW. Based on info I read here on forum and what I was told by the dealer, I ordered 19 inch 5 x 120 Valencias. I was going to keep my tires and just buy wheels.

When I showed up to get the wheels put on car, I decided to have them try one wheel on the car before they did any tire mounting on the new wheel. I was concerned with the clearance in the wheel well. Good thing I had them do that because the wheel would not fit the bolt pattern.

So I told them to get any 5 x 115 bolt pattern wheel they had in stock and to check the fit. They got one and tried it on the car. It did bolt on.

They said they would have to order the different bolt pattern wheel and that I would have to make another trip back to get them put on.

What ever wheel you get, I would suggest that you make sure that if there is a fitment issue, you can get the dealer to exchange wheels for the correct fit. Maybe you can even get to dealer and have them do a test fit even before you place your wheel order.

#20 ·
Actually it's the other way around, right? The bolt pattern on the 2016 is 5x115, but they list the 5x114.3 wheel as fitting our cars.

.7mm equals .03 inches or 3 hundredths of an inch. There's been debate about using the 5x114.3. In looking at it, each hole would be off by half of that, or 3.5mm/.015 inches.

#23 ·
Went to service dept. at dealership where I bought my car. Asked about what wheels would fit for winter tire swap, no help...Was told would have to go to salve yard & they could supply me what wheels could fit. HE just wanted to sell me 16" steel wheels for $149.99 x 4+tax... said no thanks BYE!

#24 ·
I ask the parts guy today at the dealership while they tore my whole front end off just to replace a faulty washer fluid reservoir hose
LOL

The wheels are 5x115 with 45mm Offset
Don't know about the hub but this should pretty much get you there.

How does everyone feel about ride quality on their stock 19's and aftermarket 20's ?

#27 ·
I ask the parts guy today at the dealership while they tore my whole front end off just to replace a faulty washer fluid reservoir hose
LOL
I picked up our brand new 2016 Premier last Saturday and today it's at the dealer for the same problem. The replacement part has to be flown in overnight. I just hope they can re-install the front bumper without putting scratches in the paint!

I hope this is not an omen of quality issues to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.