Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Review

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  kcparker3 
#1 ·

The modern day Chevrolet Malibu hasn’t had an easy life.

Reintroduced as a nameplate in 1997, the Malibu was adorned with the unenvious task of battling family sedan heavyweights like the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. But try as it may, the Malibu always fell a bit short. With each new generation, the Malibu would improve, but so would the competition. In a proverbial game of cat and mouse, the cat never could quite catch those pesky mice.

Chevrolet now has another opportunity to turn the Malibu into a prime-time player. Rebuilt from the ground up, the new car is officially the ninth-generation Malibu, but really the fifth-generation model since the Malibu’s front-wheel drive rebirth nearly 20 years ago
Read more about the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Review at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#3 ·
I usually love the two tone interiors they have but that brown and grey do not look good together. I don't like the wheels on the car in that review either.

I see they used the small color DIC screen from the Impala which is excellent, the surrounding gauges look cheaper than the Impalas though.

#4 ·
Can't edit my last post in here for some reason, but anyways...

I found another pic of the 2016 Malibu radio without the nav screen on and it looks to be the same version of MyLink as our 15 Impala has (except the 2016 Malibu and 2016 Impala have Apple Car Play and Android Auto). Really love that version of MyLink

#8 ·
That's a good looking car. Those 18" wheels are standard on the LT Turbo. You should see if you can take it out for a spin, the 2.0T with the 8-speed auto sounds like it could be a blast.

#13 ·
I don't care for the 19" wheel design either. I see the 2017 Premier comes with 18" and they look more "stock" than "aftermarkety". I wonder if the 18" on the 2017 rides better than the 19" on my 2016. My 2016 Malibu actually rides better than the 2012 Chrysler Town and Country we replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.