What Else?! - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Unhappy What Else?!

So I purchased a used (Yeah I know, stupid me!) 2006 white Malibu SS almost two years ago from a dealership because it only had 63,000 miles on it. I did my research and thought I was making a decent purchase. I also loved the look, the feel etc... and the reviews were not bad. Ten months after i bought it i notice some transmission issues. I take it to a reputable shop in my area and had to spend $3,200 to get the transmission rebuilt. Around 5 months later i notice stains on my driveway where I park my Malibu. Last week I found out I had a leaking oil pan gasket! Cha Ching! I paid a bill of $915 yesterday to fix that! Upon picking up my car I am informed I have and exhaust leak at my flex pipe, I need two new outer Tie Rod Ends and, I need struts! No biggy on the struts but now I have to shell out another $480.00 to fix the Tie Rod Ends (Which ironically starting making noise when the shop returned it to me yesterday!) and have the flex pipe welded and patched. So I ask what can I expect next? I also did some minor stuff like change the stock stereo which had the infamous CD player breakdown and, the temperature sensor for my radiator went last month. I love my car and still have quite a bit left to pay on it but im getting fed up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 02:50 PM
CMF Junior Member

Garage
Re: What Else?!

Did the dealership sell it to you AS IS or with a warranty?? Just think about it after the car is fixed it will be almost brand new. Just do what you can do as far as repair bills and drive it and enjoy it. I had my car for almost 9.5 months and I bought it used AS IS. I put a lot of work into it as well but not as much as you did. Keep the chin up you got a nice ride there.

thanks
pat

1970 Mercury cougar standard convertible. 1 of 1.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Chevy 1500 short bed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE (Wife`s daily driver)

2009 Malibu LT (My NEW daily driver)

Past:
1998 Chevy Malibu LS had to say goodbye(rotted rear chassis 2/15/16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.