Drivers Seat Problems - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By malibuman4life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Exclamation Drivers Seat Problems

Hey everyone, I'm the proud owner of a 2003 Chevy Malibu (base model).

I love the car, and have had it for about 8 months now, and other than a water pump and flat tire, this rig hasn't let me down.

However, the driver's seat in my car is kinda falling apart. It's got cloth bucket seats, and the actual cloth covers on the seat are fine, but the padding on the left side bolster (the thing that keeps me from sliding all around into the door) on the back of the seat keeps sliding to the around the side of the seat, giving me little to no support. Also, the springs and cross supports (they like cooling racks in a kitchen) are all falling apart and are totally broken apart, offering me no mid-back support.

Is there and way to fix this? I've been thinking about simply swapping the backs of the two front seats, because the passenger seat is near MINT condition. It's also been suggested that I get some memory foam, about two inches thick or so, and spray glue it to the seat to offer myself a comfortable place to sit till I can afford a replacement seat, or at least a new back portion.

I normally wouldn't be so concerned about the condition of the seat and my comfort around town and commuting, but I'm taking a 5000 mile road trip in a couple of weeks, and will be in the seat for a good 50+ hours, and could use at the least a quick fix.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 12:41 AM
CMF Junior Member

Garage
Re: Drivers Seat Problems

The only way I think is you need to go to a salvage yard and find a wrecked Malibu and see if the bolster is good and take the seat complete and when you get home remove the top half of the seat from your car, and remove the cloth cover and swap it onto the new top seat you just got and reinstall it onto your lower part and wala you got a good seat again. I had to do that to our old 98 LS Malibu. The drivers seat was wasted and we bought a complete cloth interior out of a wrecked 2003 LS in a salvage yard and we did all the switching from leather to cloth(all the leather was damaged).

thanks
pat
cp-the-nerd likes this.

1970 Mercury cougar standard convertible. 1 of 1.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Chevy 1500 short bed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Hyundai Sonata SE (Wife`s daily driver)

2009 Malibu LT (My NEW daily driver)

Past:
1998 Chevy Malibu LS had to say goodbye(rotted rear chassis 2/15/16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.