Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 headlight replacment

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  sideshowalan 
#1 ·
the wifes 2006 headlights are hazed up. I have tried all the DIYs products with no luck. well they look good for about a week. I see rockauto list three brands with all different price points. I was going to order Dorman ones but would like input on fit and finish. and how well they hold up. I have priced out new GM ones and with my discount and buying at cost it came to 180 a side. not looking to spend that much.

#2 ·
Some one here bought a aftermarket headlamp for an 06 Malibu Max. He posted a picture of the replacement as compared to the original. The aftermarket headlight cast a much dimmer light. Pictures no long available.

http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/for...ons-5-6/16689-can-you-spot-oem-headlight.html

I had some bad headlight lenses on an old mini van. I tried everything and they never came very clear and would fog up quickly. I threw caution to the wind and sanded down the lenses with 800 [ or 600 grit, can't remember] grit wet emery cloth. This really screwed them up, but after using finer and finer paper they became clear again. Lasted for years. If you have nothing to lose, may as well hit them hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.