Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do to your Malibu today?

83K views 329 replies 77 participants last post by  Unfettered 
#1 ·
Had 2 new tire put on the front. 60,000 miles and I'm pretty sure its riding on the factory originals. I'll get 2 more in a few weeks.

#2 ·
Gave her a bath. I was her up nearly every sunday.
As well, at around 1 AM, I was finishing up detailing the interior. I condition and clean ALL the leather and plastic in my car with Mother's leather care products. I shake out the rugs pretty much daily as well, mostly because its Florida and all thats around is sugar sand everywhere.

#4 ·
I cleaned the snow off of mine since it has been sitting for a couple days getting no love :D. I did play around with some cheap carbon fiber vinyl wrapping chrome inside the car. I've been getting tired of the sun reflecting off of it into my eyes and it was something to do.

#8 ·
Detailed the mali, shes looking niice, also replaced grey plastics with painted gloss black plastics around stereo and doors and shifter.
cant wait for snow to melt and start the 98 malibu project and 03 impala project.
poor mali is gunna be getting a salt sand snow slush beaten to sh#t soon, stupid winnipeg weather. :(

#12 ·
Gave it a well needed bath.

#16 ·
For what I did - was drive her 275 miles after a tank of 89 octane.

She's turned over 310Kmiles - getting time for another oil/filter change.

And for me to be able to park her long enough to chase out a Cyl5 misfire.

RwP

#21 ·
Finally changed oil. Never went so long on an oil change, just short of 3900 miles. My limits were 6 months, 4,000 miles or 25% oil life. I hit 6 months last week, just didn't have the free time when I needed it. Still had 28% oil life and just short of the 3900 mile mark. I really wouldn't want to go much longer than what I did. I'll keep the same limits for one more oil change and see what that oil looks like. If it's a bad as this was, gonna shorten up the OCI a bit. I'd rather be early than get every last mile out of the oil. Also rebalanced my bad LF tire. Vibration is not nearly as bad. I hate GY tires. Couldn't pay me to put them on. I'd have replaced them already but money is too short to do that right now.

#22 ·
Drove it to Louisville to Carl Caspers car show.

#23 ·
How was the show? What'd ya see? Get any pics? :cool:

While you were in my 'hood we were off to Columbus to get some delish Tommy's Pizza, the founder of the Iaconos Pizza business up there. Then we went to COSI and were fascinated by a lot of the hands-on science exhibits. Cool stuff!

Side note: On this cheapo winter blend all I could squeeze out of my 'Bu was just over 29 mpg, but the DIC showed 33.7 when I filled up back home.

#24 ·
There was some decent ones this year. I got some good pics this year. I'll get some up soon. I wish I was getting 29 mpg. I'm getting 23.

#40 ·
@electricianjoel,
If you were just a bit closer I'd like to meet you somewhere and get pics of our two cars next to each other. Your red is more like the red I really wanted but this RJT fills my needs (*wants) just fine. I'm just really curious and interested to see yours.

From here Omaha is 12 hours and that would be about 2 tanks of gas - one way. It'd be a great trip but it just ain't in the budget these days.

And that's a really good MPG you got, especially since we're probably still using the winter blend that is notorious for 5-25% less mileage! Congrats on the good job, and wasn't it nice to have such a comfy and quiet car to make the trip? ;)

#43 ·
DD, our only 14 hrs away. lol. I'm still 2hrs NW of Omaha. There's a winter blend? Never knew of that. I could see it with the cold temps. When I have the heated seats on, its REALLY comfortable! One thing I noticed is when I shut the doors, the cabin really feels sealed and quiet.

As far as the color goes, I totally fell in love with it at first sight especially with the wheels. Can't wait for summer night cruising with sunroof open!!!

#42 · (Edited)
Today was a somewhat busy day and I still have a couple things to do.
Lets see:
1) New serpentine belt
2) New spark plugs
3) Cleaned the throttle body of some carbon build up
4) Inspect the rest of the car
5) Rewired the CD player to fix some interference I was picking up
6) Car wash and quick wax

I know for sure that I miss have access to a lift to do the serpentine belt and inspection. The car runs smooth again and I don't have to deal with the belt squeal anymore so I am happy. Now all I need to do is an oil change and a tire rotation. 75,000 miles and still going strong:D.

#49 ·
Drove mine to work for the first time in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.