How to kill OnStar - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

How to kill OnStar

I need simple step by step how-to instructions on how to completely disable everything onstar in my car. Please help it's a 2006 malibu ltz and I HATE ONSTAR!!!! Thanks in advance.
P.S. If it matters the dealership upgraded everything so it's like the 2007 model.

I read a thread on here about it for newer models and it didn't make any sense to me. I don't want to just remove a fuse, I WANT THE WHOLE ONSTAR UNIT DEAD!!!!!! DEAD!!! DEAD!!! DEAD!!! DEAD!!! DEAD!!!

Last edited by DrivenDaily; 07-18-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Unnecessary posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
CMF Junior Member

Re: How to kill onstar

So....uh....

How's the chop-shop business?

2002 Ford F-350 CCSB 4x4 with 7.3L PSD!
2006 Chebby Malibu LS "Boo" with 2.2L/Auto
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Garage
Re: How to kill OnStar

Uh, yeah . . .

I deleted your other thread - it just wasn't needed.

I merged your two posts on here into one - they were less than 20 minutes apart and no other posts were between them.

Help us keep this forum clean and orderly, please . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:20 AM
CMF Senior Member

Just out of curiosity... what's your beef with OnStar?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

There is a pretty common tool out there to help you kill OnStar...

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
May 2012-Aug 2015

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

I Hate them for harassing me about renewing my "service", I Hate how even after you cancel their "service" their little black box keeps recording your location and driving habits, I hate how if you become a "disruptive influence" they made it possible for your car to be killed just by flipping a switch. I hate how their call center is outsourced to somewhere where no-one knows how to speak English except when reading from a script, I hate how they make millions by selling the information they take, and I Hate how they made it possible for your car to record your conversations when your not even on the phone. I Hate how they made it possible for cars to have bugs factory installed, And I Hate how they made it standard for most gm "cars" to come equipped with surveillance equipment. AND MOST OF ALL I HATE HOW THEY ADVERTISE IT AS A GOOD THING!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me wish for the good old days when the g-men had to bug your car themselves without the car companies doing it FOR THEM. IN FACT I THINK ONSTAR WAS A CIA-NSA-HOMELAND SECURITY FRONT FROM THE START!!!!!!!!! I WANT THE DAMN THING RIPPED OUT OF MY CAR BEFORE THE DEATH-SQUADS ASK IT WHERE TO FIND ME!!!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM
ASE Certified Technician

Dude, step back, take a few deep breaths. If OnStar bothers you that much, I don't want to try to imagine how the rest of life affects you. Life's too short to be that angry.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Garage

2 Choices as I see it:

1. Remove the fuse and let the On* backup battery die, then On* should be dead dead dead.
2. Buy a car without it in the first place.

It's almost the same as buying a V8 car, then pulling the plugs on 2 cylinders because you want a V6 instead. Coulda bought a V6 to start with.

But yeah, what he said - take a breath, dude!

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

thank you kindly. I didn't buy it I inherited the car. Where's the fuse located on my model? Also if onstar has it's own fuse and battery it must have it's own box as well, I would like to disconnect the box for good measure. Does anyone know the location of the box?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 PM
CMF Senior Member

Here's a video on it that might help.

Also here's a photo of the onstar module on my 13, it's under the rear deck.

Malibu Radio(non pioneer)

in the 10 models the module is behind the glove box..

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/atta...on-capture-jpg

35% Tint

Last edited by Bodyslide; 07-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.