Changing oil in 1999 Malibu
Hey guys. I have tried to use the search but it keeps telling me that my search term is too short and will not search no matter how many words I put in.
I have a new girlfriend who never changes or maintains her '99 Malibu. I want to change her oil and I would like to know a few things about the car before I attempt it. Any help, instructions, pics, etc would be greatly appreciated.
- How many quarts does it take?
- Are there any recommended procedures, special steps I should know about, shortcuts to make changing easier?
- I can't find the oil filter, where is it located?
- Does chevy use crush washers? What do you think is the most number of times they could be reused?
- I don't have her car with me at the moment, doing research, so are there any differences between the 4 cyl and 6 cyl?
- anything else you think I should know about?
Thanks in adavance!!!