What is this part called and where can I buy it? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
What is this part called and where can I buy it?

I'm trying to get some life out of my 2002 Malibu. Anyone know what this part is called? It's the flap that controls whether you get fresh air or recirculated air, but I've googled "ac flap" and other stuff, and nothing comes up. Also, anyone know where I could buy it? It has the number 52460460 but that hasn't helped. Thanks!

Last edited by acephreak; 11-11-2011 at 02:19 PM.
acephreak is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 02:30 PM
CMF Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 322
Re: What is this part called and where can I buy it?

It almost looks like the AC Valve...


Hopefully the link works for you. Put your year, make and model then select Air Conditioner and Heater, Evaporator and Heater components, then valve, then AC and then click view illustration. I think that's part # 11.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity"
-Abraham Lincoln

'06 Malibu Maxx 2LT (Wife's car)
'09 Colorado WT1 (My truck)

Last edited by Unfettered; 11-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Unfettered is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 PM
DrivenDaily's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,133
Re: What is this part called and where can I buy it?

It's a blend door. Your description helped. There's another blend door for Floor/Defrost and one for Vent/Floor. The one most are familiar with is the heater blend door.

The broken piece of plastic is probably what is causing you all the hassle. Make sure you look for obstructions up inside before putting another one in. You can probably find one at a junk yard and get some extra equipment with it and spend less than getting one brand new. Plus you can use the junk yard car to figure out how to get to it, and if something breaks you won't have to worry about it. Just don't do the same to yours!

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof
Mods: WeatherTech mats, CHMSL Pulser

How-to: LEDs in mirrors :: How-to: 1-Wipe Wash
How-to: Remote express windows up/down

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles
Muffler mod on '09
DrivenDaily is online now  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2
Re: What is this part called and where can I buy it?

Thank you both!
acephreak is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is this part? scott37300 Problems/Service Issues/Troubleshooting (Generation 7) 4 08-20-2011 11:29 PM
where I can find a part ? junidllawe Problems/Service Issues/Troubleshooting (Generation 7) 4 07-10-2010 08:41 AM
Part Numbers 08LTZ Do It Yourself Maintenance (Generation 7) 7 04-26-2010 05:41 PM
What is this part called? malibumom General Discussion (Generation 7) 3 12-30-2009 03:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome