Not getting help from GM after buying a Certified vehicle with issues 2.5 hrs away - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Not getting help from GM after buying a Certified vehicle with issues 2.5 hrs away

So can someone point in me the direction i need to go after buying a certified malibu with tons of issues including safety issues and my GM case worker,dealer i bought from(2.5 hrs away with no traffic), and the dealer close to me(5 blocks) cant get things done conviently!!. The dealer i bought from will not meet me half way for a drop off or a pick up and wants me to drive all the way back to them to drop off for the reapairs because the dealer close to me wants to charge them. I am completely frustrated and am contemplating getting a lawyer and never buying another GM product again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
ASE Certified Technician

Re: Not getting help from GM after buying a Certified vehicle with issues 2.5 hrs awa

I would think the dealer close to you should fix it and not worry about where you bought it, your warranty should be good nationwide, not just at the dealer you bought it from. All I can offer is Chevrolet Customer Assistance at 1-800-222-1020, maybe Michelle here on the forum could help too if she comes across this thread.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
CMF Senior Member

Re: Not getting help from GM after buying a Certified vehicle with issues 2.5 hrs awa

Is the car certified by GM or the dealership you bought. Sounds like this is dealership certified car since the dealer close to your location is asking money to address the issues.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM
ASE Certified Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_2010 View Post
Is the car certified by GM or the dealership you bought. Sounds like this is dealership certified car since the dealer close to your location is asking money to address the issues.
I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a dealership certified car.

PweeZy42: How many miles on that '11?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 03:35 PM
CMF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a dealership certified car.
Not for Chevy, but I've seen advertisements where the dealer is certifying the car. Good luck with that.

Was:
2011 Malibu LS 2.4L A6
Gold Mist Metallic
Cocoa/Cashmire

Now:
2013 Equinox LS 2.4L A6
Summit White
Jet Black
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWeeZy42 View Post
So can someone point in me the direction i need to go after buying a certified malibu with tons of issues including safety issues and my GM case worker,dealer i bought from(2.5 hrs away with no traffic), and the dealer close to me(5 blocks) cant get things done conviently!!. The dealer i bought from will not meet me half way for a drop off or a pick up and wants me to drive all the way back to them to drop off for the reapairs because the dealer close to me wants to charge them. I am completely frustrated and am contemplating getting a lawyer and never buying another GM product again!!!
As your info shows it is an 11 isn't the base bumper 2 bumper warranty still in effect or are you over 36K miles or 3 years since the in service date? What kind of issues are you having? Tons of issues and safety issues doesn't mean a thing. For all we know your issues might not really be issues to the rest of us. What issues is the local dealer refusing to fix without being paid by the selling dealer? Definitely sounds like there is more to the story than you know or are revealing.

Bill
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

sorry it took so long to respond back i worked late all week. malibu has 18k on it 14k when i bought it so all warranties still covered. when i bought the car i was driveing it home and noticed that the trim around the stereo was broken and wouldnt clip in which to me was no big deal i would buy a new one i was sure it was cheap.

the next day i noticed that the drivers seat on the bottom cusion on the side that would hug your butt was missing some padding near the rear or it was completely flatened, and putting my sons stroller in the trunk noticed that the plastic piece that is on the trunk was broke and not connected, again to me it wasnt a big deal i figured i would have it looked at when i did my first oil change (i drive 1k miles a week minium so it wouldnt be long).

now for the safety issue i was taling about i found next and is what made me look over the car more, myself and my daughter went tot the car wash week 2 to vac out the car when i removed her car seat i noticed the rear seat moved, i thought that it would clip in until i noticed the two bolts that would hold the seat down, well the rear seatr was completely ripped off the hinges the foam was still on the hinges. to me this is a huge safety issue when i have a 5 yr old and a 10 month old in the back seat.

the last thing i found was the right rear quater panel of the car looked like it was hit or scraped up against something and was just buffed out and touch up paint was used.

i finally got the dealer to fix all except for the front seat and the rear panel. they told me none of this would have been covered they were fixing just to make things right. in my opion the rear seat was a kindness of the heart fix that was a fix or have legal action taken.

im not sure if i was out of line thinking that but my childrens safety is #1. i have told my case worker now that they are fixing some of the issues but the way the talked to me about the certification was diff than what it really is. should these other things have been fixed as well or should i just let it go from here?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
well the rear seatr was completely ripped off the hinges

the last thing i found was the right rear quater panel of the car looked like it was hit or scraped up against something and was just buffed out and touch up paint was used.
Really sorry you are having so many problems but this illustrates a couple of things that the "experts" say you should do when buying a used car:

1) Ask for service records, including the name and contact information for the pervious owner.

2)Ask to SEE the current title.

3)ASK point blank if it has been wrecked or had water damage.

4) Take it to an independent shop for a thorough inspection.

If they are unwilling or claim to be unable to do any of the above........walk away. Either they are incompetent or are trying to hide something.

It sure sounds like your car has been in a major wreck.

And this just illustrates that just because they call it "certified", that might just be a word.......and might mean that they have done nothing useful.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuKen View Post
Really sorry you are having so many problems but this illustrates a couple of things that the "experts" say you should do when buying a used car:

1) Ask for service records, including the name and contact information for the pervious owner.

2)Ask to SEE the current title.

3)ASK point blank if it has been wrecked or had water damage.

4) Take it to an independent shop for a thorough inspection.

If they are unwilling or claim to be unable to do any of the above........walk away. Either they are incompetent or are trying to hide something.

It sure sounds like your car has been in a major wreck.

And this just illustrates that just because they call it "certified", that might just be a word.......and might mean that they have done nothing useful.
Ken i thought buying from the dealer i did (Fred Beans Chevy of Limerick) which is a really large family of dealerships i wouldnt have to worry especially with it being certified, but i was wrong and in the future i will only buy new i think. But regarless its bought and i just want the things fixed. I hope they make it right if not im not sure which route to go from there. At least i got them this farr after almost 4 weeks of BS. Im now just getting more aggrevated and just want the issues to be fixed and over with.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
but i was wrong and in the future i will only buy new i think.
Everybody is succeptible to being burned, especially when you have stars in your eyes with a "new" car......or a "new" significant other.........

I helped my daughter buy what we thought was a new "service loaner" Honda Civic in St. Louis about 18 years ago. It had hail damage and she got a hell of a deal, even after paying to have the dimples removed.

Fast forward 12 years or so. Time to do a full brake job. Up on the hoist and.......come to find out, the car had been hit in the rear end and the repair was rather obvious if you just knew where to look. Now some of the frame members had significant rust, to the point of maybe being unsafe.
She got her money's worth but the slight of hand they pulled still frosts my nads.

Who would'a thought; a new car with just a couple of hundred miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.