Service Airbag display and light - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Service Airbag display and light

Anyone had this issue "Service Airbag on DIC display and airbag warning light on speedo?" I plan on taking it to dealer, but wondering if anyone has come across this.

2010 Malibu LTZ
Diamond White Tricoat
Cocoa / Cashmere

Assembled - Lake Orion Michigan U.S.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
CMF Senior Member

Re: Service Airbag display and light

I just saw your message after posting mine.
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
CMF Junior Member

Became intermittent and has gone away. Checked all the airbag electrical connections and re seated them. I guess that did it but none seemed loose at all and all had the connection locking mechanism in place and seated correctly????

2010 Malibu LTZ
Diamond White Tricoat
Cocoa / Cashmere

Assembled - Lake Orion Michigan U.S.A.
post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 AM
CMF Rookie Member

there is a problem with ur vehicle sensors that's Y such alarms are coming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 AM
CMF Rookie Member

There is a problem. I have had this problem 3 times now. The service airbag light came on so we took it to the dealership and they said there was nothing wrong with it, they said it was just a code that made the light come on. Then after we left with our car it came right back on. We called the dealership, took it back and they said that they needed to put grease on the electrical connection for the airbags, when they made the car they forgot to add this and it causes the airbags to disconnect. This goes for ALL 2010 malibus. Well it has been fine for a while and then all of a sudden the service airbag light came on again yesterday. We called the dealership and took the car back and they told us that this is a big problem now. and the people who actually made the electrical system for the airbags is TOYOTA. so they are going to try and find out what is going on and how they can fix this. SO I SUGGEST EVERYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM SHOULD TAKE YOUR CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR SERVICE. THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM.
Thank goodness we are still under warranty.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 AM
CMF Junior Member

I had the same problem with my 2010 Malibu. The car did not set a code at first. It took five visits to the dealer to solve the problem. On the second visit they ordered (took three days and the factory sent the wrong unit the first time) and replaces the module that does the scanning and sets codes. When it happen again they found a code that said the side airbag was defective. They had to order the new airbag that took five days to get in. The problem is finally solved.
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM
CMF Rookie Member

I have 2010 malibu around 400 miles baby droped bottel in back seat. We were parked at atm machine, as i went to pick it up my knee bumped the steering wheel air bag light has come on and off radomly ever since. Took to dealer but light was off they stated nothing wrong and no codes read.
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenab View Post
I have 2010 malibu around 400 miles baby droped bottel in back seat. We were parked at atm machine, as i went to pick it up my knee bumped the steering wheel air bag light has come on and off radomly ever since. Took to dealer but light was off they stated nothing wrong and no codes read.
Keep an eye on it and if you can take it in when it is on it would be easier for them to diagnose it. Although I don't think bumping the steering wheel would have loosened the airbag connections inside it. Might just be the case, weirder things have happened?

2.4L Ecotec I4 Titanium interior
20% tint /
/

/

|
|
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had any updates on this problem and if they've figured out what's going on with the light coming on? Mine has been coming on and off for a week or two now and I figured it was just a crossed wire but today it was on for 80% of my 40-minute commute and knowing that it may in fact not be working correctly makes me understandably nervous.

I plan to call and take it in but it would be really bad timing right now to have to leave the car at the dealer even if I was able to get a rental.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 06:46 AM
CMF Rookie Member

There are two posts on the subject so I'll add this to both. I spoke to my dealership today and the service manager told me that yes it is a safety issue to drive it with the light coming on but he said the front airbags would deploy no matter what but that the side airbags may be impacted and not deploy correctly if I were to get into an accident while the light is on. He didn't stress that I get it there today but said try to find some time in the next few weeks to be able to bring it in.

He said he's seen the issue a few times and almost always been able to resolve it through a code check and reviewing the units under each seat.

I'm going to try to get it to them the week after next and will let you know what ends up happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.