Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Check Engine light on

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GBPackerFan 
#1 ·
Car is a 2009 Malibu LT with 3.6L engine. The check engine lite came on today but my scanner doesn't show any codes. Is it possible factory programs light to come on based on mileage so you take it to the dealer? Car has 56000 miles on it. I had an issue with my GMC Sierra truck where the light came on at 50K or 75K miles to have you take it to a dealer. No codes there either.

#3 ·
Problem is with my scanner. The 2009 Malibu uses the CAN bus protocol and my scanner which is from about the year 2000 does not support the CAN bus protocol. I've ordered a new scanner and also have a friend's to use to read the code with. I'll report back for anyone interested in what I find.

#4 ·
OK the code came back as P0443. It could be the purge valve solenoid or connections. I had a 1997 Buick Regal GS and replaced the purge valve twice on that vehicle. I'm taking the car to the dealer for several issues, 1. Steering noise, 2. Door lock actuator rear passenger side, 3. P0443. My extended warranty expired 3 weeks ago and Chevy says to take the vehicle to the dealer for analysis (probably around $100) and then get back to them with the diagnostic report. They may help with paying for repairs. I did not have any warranty claims for the 5 years the warranty period covered. (Figures) ;-( Had the car in last Dec. but dealer found no noises from steering (it was -10F). We'll see if GM helps loyal customers or not. I've had GM vehicles for 45 years and lots of them were new like the Malibu.

#5 ·
Good luck! Dealers suck to deal with...I hope you have a good experience and they take car of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.