Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside. - Page 2 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
View Poll Results: Vibration vote.
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 35 14.29%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 58 23.67%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 4 1.63%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 45 18.37%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 44 17.96%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 5 2.04%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 28 11.43%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES vibrate. 23 9.39%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 3 1.22%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 368 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Re: Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJen View Post
I have a 2010 Malibu Silver Ice - Beautiful Car! Been to the dealership 6 - yes 6 times - for vibration problem and strange creak/squeal coming from front driver side wheel -1st time 24 days after purchase - dealer said ice build up - makes sense as it was that time of the year (michigan)- 2nd time said vibration still there (ice not an issue as the weather had warmed up enough) - said we high speed balanced your wheel/tires - can't find a problem - 3rd time I said vibration still there test drove with service adviser - he said yep, vibration exists you are not crazy - dealer said radial run out passenger rear wheel - we replaced it. 4th time = i say vibration still there - dealer says - OMG you have radial run out on your rear driver side AND flat spots on your tires ... replaced wheel and two back tires. 5th time, I say vibration still there - take service adviser on test drive for a second time - he says - and I quote from the service form.... sounds like a hub/bearing issue... kept it for one day.. called me and said we can't find anything but we contacted GM and they said steel wheels have been causing a problem so, they ordered aluminum wheels for my car... now, whether this solves the problem or not I have no idea but I have sneaking suspicion that it won't ... i'm telling ya, its that one front drivers side wheel... just a feeling ... feel like they just want me to go away... im a thorn in their side......
Doubt it is the wheels as many have aluminum wheels with the same issue. Have they done the reflash? That helped the issue on my car.

Respected Former Administrator of CMF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 368 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:40 PM
CMF Junior Member

I haven't noticed a vibration yet in that mph range, but I'll try to pay closer attention this week in my commutes to work and vote on that result. At this time I would say my vote is I4, A4 no vibes.
post #13 of 368 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
CMF Veteran Member

14K on the speedo with no problems and aftermarket rims one of the best cars i've owned by far
post #14 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Was at the dealer yesterday to pick up some touch up paint. I had then run my VIN to see if there are any further re-flashes/updates for the transmission, nothing yet and I had it done about 9 months ago last time. The one tech agrees that GM programmed the A6 way wrong. Too worried about an extra mpg or two killing the driveabilty and not downshifing as easy as it should and upshifting at to low of an rpm which can cause vibrations. While the other tech says it is "just fine" LOL. My car is alot better then it was when it was new since they did the re-flash months back, but I would like it 100% gone.

Last edited by Silver LTZ; 08-06-2010 at 07:05 AM.
post #15 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Angry Re: Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside.

I purchased a 2010 Malibu LTZ 6 cylinder 3 months ago and it seemed to test drive well but then it started vibrating between 50 and 70 mph so I took it back in and they said it had faulty tires, they replaced 3. I took it back in again and they said it needed a balance. I took it in again and they replaced the wheels, this time they said it needed better tires than the goodyears and said they'd order michelins, after jerking me around for 1 month, they now say they want to "Try some other things" and have not ordered the michelins. I now have 6500 miles on the car and feel very upset over their treatment of me and am ready to start looking for a lemon lawyer or some way to take a course of action as I have spent sooooo many hours waiting at the dealership and driving to and fro. The guy at chevy said he has other people with the same problem.

Anyway, I searched this issue wondering if I was alone in this but am thankful for all of your input...I'll do a lot more reading before I take the car back to Chevy tomorrow.

Steve

Last edited by stevedeal7; 09-16-2010 at 03:11 PM.
post #16 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedeal7 View Post
HI, I purchased a 2010 Malibu LTZ 6 cylinder 3 months ago and it seemed to test drive well but then it started vibrating between 50 and 70 mph so I took it back in and they said it had faulty tires, they replaced 3. I took it back in again and they said it needed a balance. I took it in again and they replaced the wheels, this time they said it needed better tires than the goodyears and said they'd order michelins, after jerking me around for 1 month, they now say they want to "Try some other things" and have not ordered the michelins. I now have 6500 miles on the car and feel very upset over their treatment of me and am ready to start looking for a lemon lawyer or some way to take a course of action as I have spent sooooo many hours waiting at the dealership and driving to and fro. The guy at chevy said he has other people with the same problem.

Anyway, I searched this issue wondering if I was alone in this but am thankful for all of your input...I'll do a lot more reading before I take the car back to Chevy tomorrow.

Steve
Steve, it is NOT wheels or tires related. My car has done this (was worse, now it is better, but still there) with the old 18's and with my new 20's. It is something in the car itself. Many of us think it is transmission related but the re-flashes really do not help much. Let us know what you dealer says and if they fix it what it was. Like I said, mine is better then it was, and it has its good and bad days. But I would love to have it totally resolved. As you can see, you are not alone. It seems to be VERY common in Malibus, G6s, Auras, all the Epsilons. It is the only aspect of the car that I dislike.

post #17 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Steve, it is NOT wheels or tires related. My car has done this (was worse, now it is better, but still there) with the old 18's and with my new 20's. It is something in the car itself. Many of us think it is transmission related but the re-flashes really do not help much. Let us know what you dealer says and if they fix it what it was. Like I said, mine is better then it was, and it has its good and bad days. But I would love to have it totally resolved. As you can see, you are not alone. It seems to be VERY common in Malibus, G6s, Auras, all the Epsilons. It is the only aspect of the car that I dislike.
Thanks for the response! Do you know if anyone has had any success with having the car returned under lemon laws? Do you know of anyone taking any legal action? I just can't see myself putting up with this for 3 years and experiencing serious disappointment every time I drive it. I'm going to try a few more times at the dealer but in NC, lemon laws say if you take the car back 4 times or more for the same problem and its not fixed, you're eligible for either a new car or a refund...just curious if you know of anyone who has done that. Thanks, Steve
post #18 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedeal7 View Post
Thanks for the response! Do you know if anyone has had any success with having the car returned under lemon laws? Do you know of anyone taking any legal action? I just can't see myself putting up with this for 3 years and experiencing serious disappointment every time I drive it. I'm going to try a few more times at the dealer but in NC, lemon laws say if you take the car back 4 times or more for the same problem and its not fixed, you're eligible for either a new car or a refund...just curious if you know of anyone who has done that. Thanks, Steve
I don't know anyone who has lemon lawed the car for this issue. I am not sure if they would consider this "a serious" issue to warrant that anyway.

When I am due for my next oil change I am gonna have my new dealer take a shot. The old one just did the reflash, which really didn't do all that much. I haven't had the new dealer do anything because I know they will blame my aftermarket 20" wheels and tires, which is not the cause. But I am gonna bring it up and have them take a look. I am sure that will be one of the days when it doesn't really do it though....

post #19 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:13 PM
CMF Senior Member

I guess I'll have to try driving at 50 and check this out for myself. I can't say I've ever experienced this. Of course literally all but 2 miles of my commute are at speeds above 70MPH. Those other 2 miles are below 40MPH (neighborhood, business park). I never actually go 50 or 60 for an extended period of time.
post #20 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
CMF Senior Member

Had my tires rebalanced and rotated. Seems to have helped. I mentioned the reflash but they did not note on invoice that it had been done. I wonder if they reflashed it and didn't note it in the paperwork.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium, Titanium Grey w/Black interior
2004 Lexus RX330 AWD, 3.3 V6 Metalic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.