Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside. - Page 3 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
View Poll Results: Vibration vote.
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 35 14.29%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 58 23.67%
I have a V6 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 4 1.63%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 45 18.37%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DOES vibrate. 44 17.96%
I have a I4 with the A6 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 5 2.04%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES NOT vibrate. 28 11.43%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DOES vibrate. 23 9.39%
I have a I4 with the A4 and it DID vibrate, but is basically fixed. 3 1.22%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Re: Vibration around 50 mph? Updated poll inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineMan View Post
I guess I'll have to try driving at 50 and check this out for myself. I can't say I've ever experienced this. Of course literally all but 2 miles of my commute are at speeds above 70MPH. Those other 2 miles are below 40MPH (neighborhood, business park). I never actually go 50 or 60 for an extended period of time.

When my car does it, it starts around 50 and can go to about 70. My commute is mostly at 80-82 (I95 Florida) which is fine, or around 35-45 which is fine too. But I have a 4-5 mile part that is 55-65 that is where it will do it if it does it.

I had a Malibu loaner last time my car was in for service and it did it from like 35-85, and it was very noticeable compared to mine.

Respected Former Administrator of CMF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 11:23 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedeal7 View Post
Thanks for the response! Do you know if anyone has had any success with having the car returned under lemon laws? Do you know of anyone taking any legal action? I just can't see myself putting up with this for 3 years and experiencing serious disappointment every time I drive it. I'm going to try a few more times at the dealer but in NC, lemon laws say if you take the car back 4 times or more for the same problem and its not fixed, you're eligible for either a new car or a refund...just curious if you know of anyone who has done that. Thanks, Steve

Steve... I am in the lemon law process... my car has been to the dealership 8 times !! I'm at the stage where I have to send a certified letter to general motors to allow them one "last chance" to remedy the issue... i too have had all the same things you have... when i read your post it was like I wrote it.. I now have new aluminum wheels and new michelin touring tires... still does it... if the one last opportunity doesn't fix the problem, i will be "remedying" it myself... in my way... try the Better Business Bureau Auto Line for lemon law information... it was really helpful to me... and I filed a BBB complaint against the dealership... which they knew about immediately - that lit a fire under their buns! still no fix though... I really don't think they know what the problem is?
post #23 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJen View Post
Steve... I am in the lemon law process... my car has been to the dealership 8 times !! I'm at the stage where I have to send a certified letter to general motors to allow them one "last chance" to remedy the issue... i too have had all the same things you have... when i read your post it was like I wrote it.. I now have new aluminum wheels and new michelin touring tires... still does it... if the one last opportunity doesn't fix the problem, i will be "remedying" it myself... in my way... try the Better Business Bureau Auto Line for lemon law information... it was really helpful to me... and I filed a BBB complaint against the dealership... which they knew about immediately - that lit a fire under their buns! still no fix though... I really don't think they know what the problem is?
How bad was it in your car? It seems to vary from nothing, to severe depending on the car.

post #24 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 06:40 AM
CMF Rookie Member

It wasn't horrible or something I couldn't live with but at the end of the day, it is going to vibrate things loose that eventually, I will be responsible for fixing and paying for - which is totally unacceptable... it is primarily at between 50 and 70 now... sometimes it feels worse than other times... but for sure not right... I will keep you all posted on what happens next...
post #25 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Thanks guys. I am certain the Chevy dealer here has no clue what it is, they are just doing a machine gun approach, changing wheels, tires, balances etc in an effort to fix it....or wear me down.

For the record, they have paved some new roads here that are real smooth and quiet. I notice it like crazy when I'm on those roads, not so much on a noisy bumpy rd as it gets a little lost with all the other bumps but extremely noticeable on nice roads. Everyone who is in my car complains about it.

CrazyJen, please keep me posted as to how it goes with the lemon law attempt. I am very close to pursuing it myself. Any info you can give me along the way would be helpful

Steve
post #26 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Steve... will do... I'm sure - like all my other dealings with GM - it won't be a quick process... actually, when I filed the BBB complaint a person from there called me to, what I would consider, to scare me into pulling my complaint by saying "you know, you have to appear in front of a panel and state your case in arbitration.."... oh, you silly, silly man... i work for lawyers... well versed in "stating my case"... have you read my paperwork? then I told him... "you know, people say to pick your battles... too bad for you that this is the one I picked"... they don't call me Crazy Jen for nothing! LOL I will keep you posted Steve... thanks!
post #27 of 368 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 PM
CMF Rookie Member

You guys have me worried.

I'm just about to hit 3k and do not have this problem......yet.

I was out driving earlier tonight on freshly paved roads and everything was smooth as silk.

I hope everyone who is having trouble gets the problem resolved. It sounds like GM doesn't even know themselves what the hell is wrong or at least how to fix it.

Go get em Jen, I agree with you 100%. Yeah you might be able to live with it, but why should you? You deserve to get what you've paid for.
post #28 of 368 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 08:55 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Phinnster, I think you'd be in the clear, if you don't have it now, you probably won't.

I took my car in again on Monday, they said, oh, you've got faulty tires, after already replacing wheels and tires. They got 2 new tires on Tuesday, said one of them was faulty, ordered another, 8 hrs in the waiting room this week and now the car is pulling to the right badly and still vibrating. Joy.
post #29 of 368 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
CMF Honorary Member

This vibration is NOT due to wheels or tires. It is in the drivetrain.

post #30 of 368 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 06:02 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Went through all of that... first one tire, then another tire, then new steel wheels (in the back) and then all four new aluminum wheels, then all four new michilen touring tires... STILL VIBRATES! Such a drag...... i love this car... and driving around town it is great! but i drive expressway to and from work! i get all tense every time I get in the stupid car and know I have to get on the expressway... AND this morning, i get in the car and it dings and my SERVICE AIR BAG light is on. .?? Really?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.