Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P0449

12K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Mir96ta 
#1 ·
Hi,
Since I got fuel pumped changed, Every time I fill the gas tank to full and drive on free way I get a message Check Gas Cap. Then I notice my fuel gauge drops a 1/2 notch.
After few mins later the message goes away. If I turn the car off and turn back on fuel level goes back up.
I have try to refill the gas to see car is leaking a gas; but it doesn't appears to be, because I can't fill much more gas.
Today I got a PCM code P0449; which is a evap control valve.
I am not sure these all are related or not.
I have notice when ever I open the GAS cap; I don't hear woosh pressure sound which I usually hear on my other car(s).
So can anybody confirm on their 2009 4 cylinder does woosh sound comes when they open the GAS cap ?

#2 ·
Take it back to the shop and tell them the car is throwing a code since they worked on the fuel system. Sounds like they made a mistake and they need to give their work a once-over.

#7 ·
The seal on the gas cap and in the rest of the system replaced the former system where it vented to the atmosphere. Now it captures the vapors and burns them.

Not hearing the sound suggests that there's a bad seal somewhere. Pop the cap and look at it carefully as well as the mating surface on the filler neck.

#11 ·
That, and use something to clean the tank surface, too. Make sure there are no burrs that could hinder a good seal.

#13 ·
Good to see you found the issue, and thanks for coming back to share it along with pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.