Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

09 Malibu Airbag light

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DrivenDaily 
#1 ·
Bought an 09 Malibu for my fiance airbag light came on while she was driving. I ignored it because i didnt feel like dealing with it. then i noticed the paasenger airbag indicator wasnt showing on so i pulled the seat baĉk off and greased the connectors airbg light was off until she got in and moved the seat. Finally took it to the chevy dealership and they said the Passenger Presence Module needed to be replaced, and itd cost $895 for the part plus 140 Labour. the light that reads Passenger airbag the lights up on or off is off when the airbag light is on but i think its a bad connection somewhere because if she moves the seat while im driving sometimes the airbag light will gp off and the indicator will switch to "on" does anyone have a diagram of tbe wiring o i can know what wires im screwing with while try to find a short. Also on a side note the guys at the dealership broke 2 clips on the back of the seat and left a connector unhooked.

#2 ·
Free schematics can be found at

http://bbbind.com/ (Click here)

Also, search this forum. You'll find where some have had the same issue. You may benefit from their comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.