Cabin Air Filter - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Question Cabin Air Filter

Does the 2005 Malibu have a cabin Air Filter behind the glove box? I called the Chevy Dealer Service and he said yes, transfered me to parts. They say there isn't one. There is a youtube video out there saying there is and shows how to change it. I'm afraid I will break my glove box if I do what this person does in the video. Any body know the real facts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 AM
CMF Senior Member

Re: Cabin Air Filter

My computer at work lists a Cabin Air Filter for your vehicle. Does not tell me tho where its located or anythiing, But I would say that there is one..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ashen Gray Equinox
Jet Black/Light Titanium
2.4L A6
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 PM
CMF Veteran Member

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Thanks to Gold1LT
http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/20..._cabin/replace
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Thumbs up Re: Cabin Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Elvis View Post
Well Guys, thanks for the speedy response. I opened up the glove box on my 2005 Malibu. Different from the Video. No screw to remove on side. So I simply pulled it down. There is one clip (not three like shown in video) and an access door. I opened it and there was no filter in there but appears as though there should be. Fan is very close. I will look for a 2006 filter and see if it will fit. There might have been an engineering change for 2006. I hope the fan doesn't suck the filter down into it. But it's worth a try.

BTW, I watched the video, that's not a MALIBU.

Last edited by autodesigner; 04-17-2012 at 05:10 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Post Re: Cabin Air Filter

Sounds like you already figured it out, but here's better video. It's actually for a 2005 Malibu.

Called 3 parts stores NAPA, Autozone and Advance Auto and none of them had a filter specifically for the 2005 Malibu. Got one for a 2005 Cobalt. It's a little small, but used some weatherstripping to make it more snug.

--Will
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Hey Will, I used the Fram CF10361. I think it fits perfectly. The door (flap) has some thick foam insolation on it which seems to seal the filter off. Maybe I will have to take another look at it. Thanks for your help.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
CMF Rookie Member

Hey autodesigner, Thanks for the tip on the Fram filter CF10361. I'll use it next year when I change mine out again. There wasn't a filter in my car either, and the dealer and parts stores said you don't need it. When I saw how dirty one's were in videos I saw showing replacement, I decided it would be best to put one in. I put in a Purolator C35676, but like I said it was a little short left to right and I filled the 1/4 gap with some weatherstripping to make it snug. Take care, and enjoy the filtered air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.