06' Taillights, Dash lights, Parking Lights Fuse #6 keeps blowing, replaced all bulbs - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Red face 06' Taillights, Dash lights, Parking Lights Fuse #6 keeps blowing, replaced all bulbs

I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu. My problem is that Fuse #6 (rear panel in the trunk) keeps tripping. I have no taillights, parking lights, and dash lights. I replaced all these bulbs (except the dash lights) using the 3157 bulbs for the front and the 3057 ones for the rear. I use the 10a fuses.

The fuse keeps blowing. I replaced the relay with a simular one just above the Fuse #6 and that still doesn't fix the trips.

What more can I check? Can I bypass the dash lights somehow and just have my taillights working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 06:50 PM
CMF Veteran Member

Re: 06' Taillights, Dash lights, Parking Lights Fuse #6 keeps blowing, replaced all b

I recall there is a common problem with the wiring where it passes from the trunk of the car thru to the passenger compartment. I would guess it's shorting to the body at this location.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 07:46 PM
CMF Junior Member

Re: 06' Taillights, Dash lights, Parking Lights Fuse #6 keeps blowing, replaced all b

please give us more info. Is this a LS,LT,LTZ,SS or a maxx model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.