Streaming music - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Streaming music

Hey Guys & Gals,
I'm new to the Malibu forum. Just purchased a 2010 2LT this past weekend, beautiful car. The question I have, is it possible to play music thru the bluetooth system? I've been trying different things but not having any luck.

Thanks, racfan9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
CMF Senior Member

Re: Streaming music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racfan9 View Post
Hey Guys & Gals,
I'm new to the Malibu forum. Just purchased a 2010 2LT this past weekend, beautiful car. The question I have, is it possible to play music thru the bluetooth system? I've been trying different things but not having any luck.

Thanks, racfan9
Congrats on your purchase.

Yes, it will work in theory. I have an aftermarket deck installed and have used bluetooth to play music on that. I pulled the stock stereo soon after taking delivery of my car. I'm assuming your using the stock deck though. What are you using for a Bluetooth device? Your phone? If you are, when you make a phone call does the stereo turn off, this would ensure your connected ok.

2009 Malibu 3.6L 6 speed auto 2LT Was Daily Driver
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Was summer toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Garage

The stock system unfortuneately cannot play music via bluetooth. As Screechymon mentions, only certain aftermarket units might be able to do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 AM
CMF Senior Member

my kenwood does it it just sounds awful.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 AM
CMF Senior Member

ok could you guys advice of any such aftermarket product?
i really dont care much for streaming audio
i just want to link my phone via bluetooth and be able to answer/make calls, and it would be excellent to do that through the steering wheel special button! (i got LTZ)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Garage

If you have LTZ then you have BT already. If it doesn't work then the dealer will probably have to reflash the BCM.

If it works and all you're trying to do is get a different HU then use the forum search. This has been discussed a number of times, and there are members who have installed their own HU's and posted pics/how-to's.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 AM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
If you have LTZ then you have BT already. If it doesn't work then the dealer will probably have to reflash the BCM.

If it works and all you're trying to do is get a different HU then use the forum search. This has been discussed a number of times, and there are members who have installed their own HU's and posted pics/how-to's.
i have LTZ but i dont have bluetooth
(Gulf Specifications)
see for yourself: http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2010...tz-stereo-uae/
Quote:
but there is no Bluetooth feature available in GCC-spec cars.
but thanks for the note, ill try search the forum..
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Garage

I overlooked the fact that you're in the Middle East instead of the Americas. That makes sense now that I consider that. Sorry if I misdirected you.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 AM
CMF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenDaily View Post
I overlooked the fact that you're in the Middle East instead of the Americas. That makes sense now that I consider that. Sorry if I misdirected you.
no problem man

may i ask you one thing?

is it true that the bluetooth system in the car will not operate unless ur actually living in the states!? coz its part of the OnStar system etc..?!

i thought bluetooth is actually part of the car itself period!?

any idea?
thanks
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Garage
Cool Re: Streaming music

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliitp View Post
no problem man

may i ask you one thing?

is it true that the bluetooth system in the car will not operate unless ur actually living in the states!? coz its part of the OnStar system etc..?!

i thought bluetooth is actually part of the car itself period!?

any idea?
thanks
On my '09 I let the OnStar expire after its free year (new models go 6 months free). My BT continued to work after that. I expect the same when I let OnStar expire in a week or so.

The worst that might happen is what happened once in my '09: it may lose the BT pairing each time the key is turned off. All it took was a visit to the dealer for a reflash, under warranty.

So, to directly answer your question, BT is part of the car not part of the OnStar package. All BT does is allow you to use the on-board microphone and the sound system as your hands-free device. The bonus is the steering wheel controls!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.