Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

resetting tire pressure monitor after tire rotation

22K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
After changing to winter tires and after going through the sensor matching process my DIC still indicate low air pressure and not indicating the actual air pressure. I can not find anything in the manual on resetting the DIC so that it indicates the actual pressure. Any suggestions or does it reset by itself with time?

#4 ·
A couple of questions,
1. Are your winter tires on the same rims and sensors you ran your summer tires were on or did you obtain a separate set of rims and sensors for your winter tires?

2 When you did the sensor matching procedure did you get all of the horn chirps and light flashes described in the procedure?

3. Are you using a relearn tool or doing the deflate/inflate procedure?

#5 ·
1)winter tires on separate rims
2) Horns chirped but I didn't check if the light flashed
3) Used deflate/ inflate procedure

Will try and redo the matching today and see what happens. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you for your reponse.

#6 ·
Are the sensors from the summer rims or new sensors?

#7 ·
I am going to assume that your answer to DriverDaily question is a separate set of sensors.

Did you use the same tires, rims and sensors last winter or are these all new this season?

I'm also trying to remember if they changed the system programming so you no longer can use the inflate/deflate method to relearn the sensor location in the middle of the 2011 or 2012 model year.

Just to let you know what I am thinking, either
1. The sensors in the winter tires are not functioning or they are not comparable with the rest of the TPMS system in the Malibu.

2. Or your vehicle requires the relearn tool procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.