Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aligment

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Mir96ta 
#1 ·
Is our car very sensitive alignment ?
Mine was bearly off it felt a whole lot!
L@@K the specs

See less See more
#6 ·
Just because an angle is in spec does not mean it is right. The total toe is higher than I would want to see. This can cause a pull or push. Another thing I see is tire pressure difference between the left and right sides. This can also cause issues.

#7 ·
I also notice, following
Almost busted outer tie rods and a little play on pasenger driver side of the ball joint. (It make clunking sound on turning and bumps)
I called the shops for the price and found out ball joint is a A-arm part, cannot be changed by it self :mad:
I think passenger side of front wheel bearing is gone, it is making howling sound.
Tought of getting a Timken but I saw AC Delco for Ebay $140 CDN shipped to me. Timken is going $180 CDN....... I am not sure who supprior is Timken over AC/Delco
any idea ?

#8 ·
replaced the wheel bearing on mine with one for under $40 on ebay. Prime Choice, lifetime warranty. I know, it's probably not as good, but hey, for the price i can replace it 4 times... Had the right front one replaced on our honeymoon. One from car quest with 12k 12mo warranty. 6wks and 8kmi its howling again :( and I had my cousin who is a mechanic install it. Torqued the axle nut to spec and all. Havn't got a chance to replace it yet. They were a pain in the neck to remove. all corroded in place. make sure to clean out the aluminum frame the hub bolts to.

#11 ·
Timken is supposed to be better than Moog, and I was gonna buy Moog to replace my 2 front bearings. I bought Timken instead.

I can't say one way or the other which is better, but if you go by recommendations of users you'll want to go with something other than AC Delco for bearings.

#13 ·
Kinda. ">" means greater than.

AC Delco < Moog < Timken.

#14 · (Edited)
I thought other way around.
I am going to keep the car for 3+ years should I just go with AC Delco ?
Since car have 220KM = 136K miles.
It is 2009 with 4 banger I duuno how much more it can pull heavy arse car!
As is it feel like engine is sucked out or Gutless unless I push the RPM to 2K RPM!
1. Timken (Medium)
2. Moog (Most expensive)
3. A.C Delco (Least Expensive)

#15 ·
They will all work well enough. I like to try to put the best I can afford into my stuff, but that's just me. I have no plans to keep the car for only 3+ years. I still have that long to pay it off! I'd like to have it still running well quite a while after I pay it off.

Mine has 94K miles and the 3.6L V6. It's not the fastest car out there but it sure is fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.