Steering wheel audio control wiring? - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Steering wheel audio control wiring?

Hello all,

I would highly appreciate any advice on how to wire steering wheel audio control to an aftermarket car audio. I cannot use a pan module, as my device is not recognized.

I have three wires on the head unit (GND cable, Key 1 and Key 2 cable)

Key 1 and Key 2 cables should be connected to the steering wheel vehicle column to obtain function for the steering wheel buttons.

The problem is how to find out the steering wheel control function pins on the vehicle connector. I have a diagram of the connectors. Any one might assist to suggest the correct pins or an alternative solutions?

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connectors.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	5609  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 04:13 PM
CMF Senior Member

Re: Steering wheel audio control wiring?

The problem you'll likely run into is that the buttons on the wheel aren't simple switches. See picture. There's a white/black wire that's a 10V reference and the dark blue wire runs back into the carputer and depending on the voltage drop it sees it knows what button was pressed. Your aftermarket unit probably won't understand this.

Moved on to Ford Fusion
-----------------------
2008 2LT Golden Pewter Metallic : 20% Tint : Nitto Motivo 225/50-R17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.