Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blower fan

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  imidazol97 
#1 ·
I've gotten in my car and stated it and the fan is how full blast but the knob is off, what gives ? Anybody else experience this

#2 ·
Dumb question, but is it actually in the "Off" position or is it in the "Auto" position? I have ACC (auto climate control) and the two positions are right next to each other. The "Auto" position is at the end of the range, then "Off", then all the other fan speeds. Turning it all the way to the left gives me "Auto" and then I turn it one notch to the right for "Off". Yours may be the same if it's ACC.

However, if it's MCC then I'm not sure what to say.

#3 ·
+1 on that. For the Gen 8 if you have ACC then the knob for the fan will have a button in the middle that says auto. If its illuminated then its on. You can change the settings for how high it can blow in the MyLink software. If you want it off then you just have to turn the knob until it shows off on the screen.

#8 ·
I had just gotten a Malibu 1LT last year. After a few days of driving this happened to me it scared the bejeezus out of me, ready to take it back to the dealer and raise hell. I googled it and it was a common problem with the Malibu.

Even without the automatic climate control so I figure it is just a quirk with the car. Since last year my car has done it maybe three times, its intermittent when it happens so I just see it as a quirk.

You can google it and find a lot of people have this flaw.

My only other quirks are my link radio restarting/ Hard reboot while driving, and the engine sometimes shifting too soon into a higher gear and dropping the RPM so low the engine rumbles.

Also some additional info my engine is the 2.5 Ecotec

#9 ·
I think it has something to do with the automatic dehumidifier that is built into the car. Mine does it also, but very rarely as it's not humid here. My 2015 Dodge Journey does the same.

#10 · (Edited)
It's likely the Auto Defog setting.

Touch:
Configuration button or touch screen tab on second page of Home
Vehicle settings (key must be ON, not ACC)
Climate and air quality
Auto Defog

See if the box is checked for Auto Defog.

I think it's a convenient ability to clear out humid air
quickly that the car senses. But you may want to try it on OFF.

I don't know the climate where you are and
how you use the AC. But I turn off the AC a block from
home and up the fan speed while backing the car into
the garage to clear water from the AC evaporator
coils. Then I get less musty smells that sometimes
come from water sitting in the evaporator case.

That isn't really what the Auto Defog does because
it operates on startup or when the interior is too humid

Some cars have an After Blow setting in the car's
computer that would operate the blower fan for a
short time after the car is shut off which moves the
water off the coils and out the drain tube, reducing
the humidity in the HVAC case while car sits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.