Can not delete paired Bluetooth Devices - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

Can not delete paired Bluetooth Devices

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this.

I have a 2016 Malibu as a rental this week. It will not let me pair my phone with bluetooth because the paired devices list is full. I've tried deleting the devices with the touch screen and via voice commands. I select the device, confirm that I want to delete it by pressing the yes button, but nothing happens. The system seems to freeze until I press "back" or "menu".

I've done a lot of searching online, viewed some videos and read the owners manual. Nothing seems to be working.

This is frustrating as I'm going on a long trip tomorrow and will not be able to listen to any of my music because Chevy in their infinite wisdom have decided to not include an AUX port in their audio system.

I'm not afraid to reset the whole system if that is what I have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by IrentedaMalibu; 01-28-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Edit: car is a 2016, not a 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:46 AM
CMF Junior Member

Re: Can not delete paired Bluetooth Devices

Well on my 14 & 15 as far as I can remember, what I do is press the call button and say bluetooth or list or both and delete them by voice.

Maybe you could give it a try and see if it works on the 16 aswell?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
CMF Rookie Member

I found the AUX port!!!! It's in the center console. good idea. keeps the jumble of wires out of the way.

Still haven't figured out the bluetooth though.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 12:53 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Lightbulb Re: Can not delete paired Bluetooth Devices

Instead of just hitting the "delete" key, press and HOLD it for a few seconds and it should delete the device. If that doesn't work, park the vehicle in a safe place, shut off engine, remove key from the ignition and all USB cables. Now open and leave the driver's side door wide open for 5 minutes...this resets the system believe it or not!! When the time is up, power up the vehicle, turn on the radio and proceed to delete the paired devices, enjoy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 08:03 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

Make sure you park it in a safe place. If you park it in an unsafe place it will only act like a warm boot instead of a cold boot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Impala 2LT
V6 305hp/264tq
Conv PKG
Adv Safety PKG
Sunroof
50/35 Suntek CXP tint

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Malibu ECO 1SA PCN pkg
May 2012-Aug 2015

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 01:23 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Maybe try resetting the vehicle to factory settings idk if that will delete it or not I would think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 08:14 AM
CMF Rookie Member

You have to Factory Reset your radio/MyLink. Then your Bluetooth devices will be deleted. It is then easy to set all of your preferences including added Bluetooth devices...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 06:27 PM
CMF Rookie Member

I came across this thread when my bluetooth randomly stopped working. I did the key out of ignition and unplugged all USB and left door open exactly 5 minutes, it worked!! Thank you for the helpful info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.