Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

replace trunk relay

13K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rudy.ackerman 
#1 ·
Have new 2 shot relay for trunk. 2013 Malibu, Can't get oem trunk relay out, seems like can't lift it high enough to remove it. Is there any type of retainer preventing it from pulling it up far enough to remove it. Thanks

#3 ·
I've got the same issue as well with of 2015 LTZ. Blowing fuses left & right both with remote and trunk switch. I was able to move the "cap" above the relays enough to have access, but couldn't get it out. I don't see any type of retainer, and the replacement part shows no evidence of any retaining feature as well. Did either of you get the thing out?
thanks

#6 ·
That post you quotes is 4 years old, and he has only 2 posts...

#7 ·
On the fusebox note towards the top there is a tab on each side of the fuse box. Towards the bottom there is a rotation pin on each side of the fuse box. Push the two tabs in and pull the top of the fuse box out. It will rotate on the two lower pins. You will be able to pull the top of the fuse box down far enough to lift to top cap up and out of the way to remove the relays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.