Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hood not flush

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mr.tozzi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I recently had a friend of mine replace a leaking headlight assembly, but now the hood doesn't fit flush as it should. What could be causing this?

Photo for clarification

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe the housing was not installed properly...

#3 ·
Let me start by saying that if you expect any gm car to have good body gaps and part fitment you should be shopping elsewhere.
Usually this is caused by the headlight housing not being properly aligned with the body of the car. Just have to play with the headlight housing, loosen out the fasteners and adjust it right. there are also 4 rubber stops under the hood that are threaded in to adjust the height of the front of the hood.
the issue can also be caused by using a replacement unit not sourced from GM which could have slight distortion on the mold due to poor quality control.

#4 ·
Let me start by saying that if you expect any gm car to have good body gaps and part fitment you should be shopping elsewhere.
Usually this is caused by the headlight housing not being properly aligned with the body of the car. Just have to play with the headlight housing, loosen out the fasteners and adjust it right. there are also 4 rubber stops under the hood that are threaded in to adjust the height of the front of the hood.
the issue can also be caused by using a replacement unit not sourced from GM which could have slight distortion on the mold due to poor quality control.
My hood was not seating correctly and i adjusted the two rubber adjustment stops and it fixed it. The other two stops are non adjustable.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.