TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration - Page 27 - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 279 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 08:39 AM
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to MaliBOOSTED13
Re: TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT-Tuning View Post
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2013--2015 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2014.
View this product in our Store!

^ Image links to WOT-Tuning.com since we cannot embed the video here.

The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo includes a TRIFECTA flash loader.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013--2015 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:

-Specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP on 91 octane)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Extended testing of more than 100,000 miles with 100 hrs + of wide open throttle testing
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

Additional information and availability:

-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow
-The TRIFECTA Advantage Calibration is designed for a 100% stock vehicle. Any aftermarket hardware designed to work on a stock vehicle may work without issue, but there is no official support for it with this calibration.
Hello!!! I have found a company that has a cam for the 2013 chevy malibu ltz 2.0T. I was wondering if I could get a tune for the cam and along side with the original tune you guys are advertising? Here's the cam and valve springs.

Camshafts & Valvetrain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 279 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Re: TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibrat

TRIFECTA hardware engineers are constantly evaluating ways to gain more power from the LTG, and "upgraded cams", given the correct circumstances, can help push the power envelope further.

However, it is important to note that GM made some fairly extensive changes and improvements to the LTG engine (both mechanically and electronically) for the 2016 Malibu that make any "upgraded cams" designed for pre-2016 LTG engines non-workable.

TRIFECTA Direct Re-seller

Malibu 1.5T: +22TQ / +20WHP
Malibu 2.0T (8th Gen): +83WTQ / +63WHP
Malibu 2.0T (9th Gen): +48WTQ / +49WHP
Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW: +25WTQ / +35WHP

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:

post #263 of 279 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 11:39 PM
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Quote:
Hey excellent! Glad to hear you are enjoying the calibration. It really does wake up the vehicle and provides a more enjoyable daily driving experience.

This same engine is in the Cadillac ATS and the Buick Regal GS. We theorize that GM didn't want to cut in to the performance they offer and market on the ATS platform. We suppose they also figured that the customers buying the Malibu T would be your 'normal' daily drivers and so they kept the tuning mild.

Isn't nice to find out it can perform just as well as the ATS power-wise?
I think that's BS the malibu needs to have the opportunity just like the ATS to show what it can do, I THINK!!!! Really love this car and it HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL but Chevrolet messed it up forreal

post #264 of 279 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 03:03 PM
CMF Senior Member

Garage

Quote:
TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2013--2015 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2014.
View this product in our Store!

^ Image links to WOT-Tuning.com since we cannot embed the video here.

The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo includes a TRIFECTA flash loader.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013--2015 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:

-Specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP on 91 octane)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Extended testing of more than 100,000 miles with 100 hrs + of wide open throttle testing
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

Additional information and availability:

-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow
-The TRIFECTA Advantage Calibration is designed for a 100% stock vehicle. Any aftermarket hardware designed to work on a stock vehicle may work without issue, but there is no official support for it with this calibration.
Does the transmission tune GREATLY improve/makes the shifting quicker in manual mode?

2013 Chevy Malibu LTZ
5% tint all around, 5% brow on front, & 20% front windshield
Lowered on Vogtland springs
10000k low-beams
10000k fog lights
6000k interior lights
6000k reverse lights
debadged
20mm spacers all around
blacked out window trim, mirrors, grill, door handles, fog-light trim, and trunk bowtie
Brembo 4 piston brakes upfront
post #265 of 279 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 06:35 PM
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Anyone fined anyone coil overs or airbags for the 2013 Malibu Gen 8?
Yes check eBay
post #266 of 279 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:44 PM
CMF Junior Member

Does the transmission tune GREATLY improve/makes the shifting quicker in manual mode?

I don't know if I am doing something wrong as far as when I installed the program, but in manual mode they seem to be slow and soft. Even the auto shifts seem to be about the same. Maybe the program is designed that way to save the trans.

All I did was install the Trifecta program as is. If there are different options that can be chosen for firmer shifts, I do not know how to access them.
post #267 of 279 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66chevy View Post

I don't know if I am doing something wrong as far as when I installed the program, but in manual mode they seem to be slow and soft. Even the auto shifts seem to be about the same. Maybe the program is designed that way to save the trans.

All I did was install the Trifecta program as is. If there are different options that can be chosen for firmer shifts, I do not know how to access them.
It's important to point out that the "manual" mode in the 2016 Malibu isn't actually a manual mode as it has been (or is) in other GM vehicles. It works like the trucks were the driver can set a maximum gear the transmission can shift up to, but otherwise it behaves as it does in DRIVE mode in that it upshifts (to the highest allowed gear) and downshifts based on pedal position. If one tries to set the maximum gear number higher at part throttle, it may not actually shift into that higher gear, well, at all, if the downshift threshold for the next gear is exceeded. This is the design of the transmission and control hardware.

With the TRIFECTA calibration, the major changes in the transmission come about in the downshift strategy. On the stock calibration, it rarely downshifts at all unless one goes past the detent near the end of the pedal travel. TRIFECTA's calibration gives a much more progressive downshift as the throttle is applied, so that the vehicle is in the correct gear depending on what the driver wants to do instead of trying to drop six gears all at once.

With regard to transmission shift quality, the TRIFECTA calibration firms up the shifts under heavy throttle conditions, but our market research concluded that typical Malibu drivers wouldn't want to induce a harsh shift feeling under normal, everyday driving conditions. However, we value this feedback (this is market feedback after all!) and we will consider it as we develop the next revision of the TRIFECTA Malibu calibration.

TRIFECTA Direct Re-seller

Malibu 1.5T: +22TQ / +20WHP
Malibu 2.0T (8th Gen): +83WTQ / +63WHP
Malibu 2.0T (9th Gen): +48WTQ / +49WHP
Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW: +25WTQ / +35WHP

Visit
to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email
for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:

post #268 of 279 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 PM
CMF Junior Member

Thank you for your consideration of firmer shifts. "Hard or harsh shift" is a subjective opinion. One person's hard shift is another persons soft shift.

It is difficult to explain, but I would like a "quick" shift. Something short of chirping the tires, (if that is possible with an auto) but short of causing internal transmission problems or excessive wear. I'm trying to make myself clearer which is hard w/o both party's being in the car.

I understand that manual mode only let's you shift to a higher gear only if you reach a certain speed. So do I need to "put the pedal to the metal" to experience quicker shifts in manual or auto?

Thank you for your response.
post #269 of 279 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Garage
Cool Re: TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibrat

In my Gen7 3.6L 6T70, I have a modified shift strategy complements of @cp-the-nerd. He has been experimenting with various changes to the shift tables using HPTuners on his own Gen7 3.6L. He started by reducing TM (torque management) by 25%, then by 50%, until he finally settled on removing it altogether. That is what mine has as well. The shifts are much quicker without being harsher. At about -throttle mine will chirp the tires from 1st to 2nd at about 45 mph! I can't post the video here but here is a link to it in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfzfypf4jt...ement.mp4?dl=0

Detailed description of video:
I left work and turned right onto a concrete road with trans in D, then accelerated "normally" to capture a "normal" shift on this tune. After that I slowed to about 10-15 mph and put it in M1. (For some who aren't familiar with Gen7 transmissions, M1 puts me in 1st gear.) Then I accelerated briskly (not to the firewall) and put it in D just after hitting the pedal and while it was still in 1st gear. It shifted to 2nd at ~45 mph and chirped the tires.

You may be looking for TM to be modified or removed to get what you seek. Trifecta may already be using that strategy in their tune.
SilverSport likes this.

'11 LTZ, born Aug 2010, Fairfax, KS

V6/A6, Red Jewel Tintcoat / Cocoa-Cashmere, Sunroof

Mods: WeatherTech mats,

::

Traded: '09 2LT Black Granite Metallic V6 / A6 at 20,058 miles
Lost: '11 LTZ RJT V6 / A6 in flood at 44K miles

Last edited by DrivenDaily; 12-30-2016 at 07:57 PM.
post #270 of 279 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:25 PM
CMF Junior Member

I have emailed trifecta multiple times 66chevy and the trans tune is almost not noticeable .I wish they had an option for more aggressive trans tuning . My father has a 13 fusion fwd with the 2.0 and his has a cobb tuner with a tune from randy at mountune and his car is so much more fun. The trans does what you want it to do and it shifts quick and downshifts quick . The power the tune has it a big difference .

Crystal Red 2013 Malibu 2ltz Turbo with every option
2012 Passat Tdi
99 Procharged Formula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.