TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo MY2013+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T LTG engine and corresponding 6T70 automatic transmission reprogramming. The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2013--2015 powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device that will yield specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP (Peak vs peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP) to a completely stock Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T MY2014.
View this product in our Store!

^ Image links to WOT-Tuning.com since we cannot embed the video here.

The TRIFECTA Advantage Powertrain Recalibration for the MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo includes a TRIFECTA flash loader.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Malibu MY2013--2015 2.0T LTG ECM software reprogramming:

-Specific power increases of +83 ft-lbs and +62 WHP under the curve (Peak vs Peak gains of +38 ft-lbs and +66 WHP on 91 octane)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Extended testing of more than 100,000 miles with 100 hrs + of wide open throttle testing
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 6T70 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6T70 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~20 minutes
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

Additional information and availability:

-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for the US, CA, EU, and Asia areas, with more regions to follow
-The TRIFECTA Advantage Calibration is designed for a 100% stock vehicle. Any aftermarket hardware designed to work on a stock vehicle may work without issue, but there is no official support for it with this calibration.

Last edited by WOT-Tuning; 04-08-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:45 AM
CMF Senior Member

Garage
Re: TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibrat

What a flash loader device? The cable?
post #3 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Re: TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Malibu Turbo 2.0T (LTG) MY2013+ Powertrain Calibrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnyoutaco View Post
What a flash loader device? The cable?
Hello,

Correct. The flashloader is the proprietary EZ Flash cable needed for the install.

post #4 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:08 PM
CMF Rookie Member

Wow, not bad
post #5 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsss View Post
Wow, not bad
Not bad at all!

You should give it a try...
post #6 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 09:58 AM
CMF Rookie Member

So those numbers while they do sound impressive, leave me with some concern. This mod is talking about a grand total of 325HP and 333FPTQ. is it just me or does that seem like ALOT of power being pushed out of a 2.0L four cylinder?? Just wondering what this is gonna do to the engine and transmission on my $35,000 car Ya know?
let's be honest here I'm going to pull the trigger on this regardless. I trifecta tuned a sonic turbo and that thing turned into a quick little car. but alittle reassurance would be nice. I'm worried about the auto transmission handling this.
post #7 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 07:24 PM
CMF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix636 View Post
So those numbers while they do sound impressive, leave me with some concern. This mod is talking about a grand total of 325HP and 333FPTQ. is it just me or does that seem like ALOT of power being pushed out of a 2.0L four cylinder?? Just wondering what this is gonna do to the engine and transmission on my $35,000 car Ya know?
let's be honest here I'm going to pull the trigger on this regardless. I trifecta tuned a sonic turbo and that thing turned into a quick little car. but alittle reassurance would be nice. I'm worried about the auto transmission handling this.
Same concern I have as well.
post #8 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

The power isn't an issue for the engine. GM used to offer a warranty-retaining stage kit that brought the 1st gen 2.0T over 300 hp and 330 lb-ft. If there's any weak spot, it's the transmission, because the 6T70 is rated 315 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. From what I read, they adjusted the torque of the new engine to 295 lb-ft (up from 260) after further testing.

Vince of trifecta, who wrote the Malibu tune, owns the Malibu that was used as a guinea pig. I heard his car has a more aggressive tune than they sell, and he is convinced the tune is completely safe.

Take that information and make your own conclusions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
HPTuners - Tune In Progress (V4.12) - 14.36 @ 98 mph
post #9 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix636 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
Same concern I have as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd View Post
The power isn't an issue for the engine. GM used to offer a warranty-retaining stage kit that brought the 1st gen 2.0T over 300 hp and 330 lb-ft. If there's any weak spot, it's the transmission, because the 6T70 is rated 315 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque. From what I read, they adjusted the torque of the new engine to 295 lb-ft (up from 260) after further testing.

Vince of trifecta, who wrote the Malibu tune, owns the Malibu that was used as a guinea pig. I heard his car has a more aggressive tune than they sell, and he is convinced the tune is completely safe.

Take that information and make your own conclusions.
Correct. GM just released a Stage kit for the LHU Regal (2nd GEN Ecotec Turbo) that raises HP and TQ to roughly 300/335. So, these engines can handle it. Another thing to consider is the way in which we develop and deliver the power. It keeps things safe. Its not a balls-to-the-wall tune. It was developed to mild mannered and safe while still providing the extra fun-factor.

One last thing, remember that you aren't ALWAYS making all that power. The engine basically drives around with stock or less than stock power for everyday driving. Its not until you get on it at WOT that you will be making all that power from the engine
post #10 of 283 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

LHU is the first gen 2.0T (it was used in Regals built prior to 2014). That's a derivative of the stage kit they used to offer on the Cobalt SS and Pontiac Solstice GXP. It's not compatible with the new engine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
HPTuners - Tune In Progress (V4.12) - 14.36 @ 98 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.