Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LED bulbs in DRL/parking

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ripped67 
#1 ·
Anyone tried putting LED's in the DRL/parking (7443 bulbs)? i have some and tried to install them and would only flash real quick and that was it! wouldnt work at all after that. FYI i have the stock LTZ HID housings.....

Bought them from OPT7 Lighting and emailed them after trying to install them and its been over a week with no reply other than some B.S. automated reply

#3 · (Edited)
I assume you are not talking about the turn signal bulbs below the headlights, correct? If so, you WILL need resistors to keep them from hyper flashing.

If you are just talking about the bulbs right to the left and right of the low beams, then the 7440 or 7443 will work fine, I have the ones from JDMAstar on eBay ($20 a set) and love them. I went with amber color instead of the white, looks way cool and way better.

I also did switchbacks for the turn signal bulbs below the headlights and they look really awesome and work great. Here is a link to what I got:

Switchback LED Bulbs For Front Turn Signal & Daytime Running Lights

It will take two sets of 2, but they are really cool. Also, they have a sale right now!

#5 ·
DRL have ck sockets which means the grounds are on the same side. Most bulbs are made to fit a standard socket, which means the grounds are on the opposite side. If you put a standard bulb in a ck socket you will blow a fuse.You have to buy ck bulbs or you can modify a standard bulb to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.