TRIFECTA Stage 1 Kit Available for 2013--2016 Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW) - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

TRIFECTA Stage 1 Kit Available for 2013--2016 Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW)

TRIFECTA is pleased to announce the immediate availability of our K&N Intake-specific calibration for the 2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L (RPO: LCV/LKW).

While a TRIFECTA calibration alone is capable of dramatically improving performance, adding a K&N intake and creating an exhaustively tested calibration for it can further maximize the potential of this platform.

The TRIFECTA Stage 1 Kit Option is available exclusively when ordering a TRIFECTA Calibration and K&N Intake (Add-On option after adding the calibration to your cart)

2013--2015 Chevrolet Malibu / 2016 Malibu Limited - 2.5L - Advantage

TRIFECTA K&N-Specific Calibration Details:

Specific Gains

TRIFECTA Calibration vs Stock:

+29 HP @ 6660rpm
+23 ft-lbs @ 6660rpm

TRIFECTA K&N Calibration vs Stock:

+43 HP @ 6670rpm
+34 ft-lbs @ 6670rpm

TRIFECTA K&N Calibration vs Factory Airbox w/ TRIFECTA Calibration:

+20 HP @ 3830rpm
+28 ft-lbs @ 3830rpm

click for full size

K&N Manufacturer Details:

P/N: 69-4529TS

Built for performance and show, the K&N Typhoon Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Each kit is proven on a rear-wheel dynamometer to increase horsepower and torque.

The K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake System is available in an assortment of powder coated colors and polished aluminum, these kits are sure to please in every way. They come with an oversized High-Flow conical air filter designed to provide increased surface area and dust capacity. This extra surface area provides even more airflow at lower restriction than a standard K&N O/E replacement filter that is limited to the size of the factory air box. The oversize air filter also captures more dirt increasing the service life before a cleaning is required (up to 100,000 miles).

Designed for increased performance for your sport compacts, utilizing the finest quality components
Guaranteed to Provide more horsepower and increased acceleration
Available in high-quality finishes
Includes K&N High-Flow, Washable/Reusable Air Filter
Some applications available in cold-air versions
Easy to Install
Million Mile Limited Warranty

Available Information:

Installation Instruction Sheet

This item only available for sale with a TRIFECTA calibration.

Not CARB legal: Not for sale or street use in CA & CARB states.

TRIFECTA Direct Re-seller

Malibu 1.5T: +35TQ / +48WHP
Malibu 2.0T (8th Gen): +83WTQ / +63WHP
Malibu 2.0T (9th Gen): +48WTQ / +49WHP
Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW: +25WTQ / +35WHP

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 01:16 PM
CMF Junior Member

Re: TRIFECTA Stage 1 Kit Available for 2013--2016 Malibu 2.5 (LCV/LKW)

How do we get the updated calibration for the intake if we already have the intake ?
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Send us an email at info@trifectaperformance.com!

TRIFECTA Direct Re-seller

Malibu 1.5T: +35TQ / +48WHP
Malibu 2.0T (8th Gen): +83WTQ / +63WHP
Malibu 2.0T (9th Gen): +48WTQ / +49WHP
Malibu 2.5L LCV/LKW: +25WTQ / +35WHP

Visit
to order your TRIFECTA calibration today or email
for more information.
Make sure to like us on Facebook:

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 07:28 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage

That's awesome, I've been wanting a calibration that had been done with the intake on, emails sent!!
WOT-Tuning likes this.

-----------------------------------

2014 2LT Black Granite Metallic:
Trifecta 2.5L Stage 1 Tune
K&N Typhoon Intake
Vogtland Sport Springs
OEM 18's Powder Coated Black
6000K LED Headlights
6000K XP80 LED Fog Lights
Black bowties
Full 5% Tint and Eyebrow

2011 Harley Davidson F-150 (6.2L
):

HID's and LED Fogs
Intake and Exhaust
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 02:09 PM
CMF Junior Member

This looks amazing, will be jumping on this soon. That 2.5 will be pushing V6/ Inline forced induction power.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 05:44 AM
CMF Junior Member

That's very inpressive gains, please do one for then 2.0t and the injen intake!
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 07:09 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
Man, all I can say is thanks. Makes the car even more enjoyable to drive.

I believe the big difference it made was only a testament to how much that intake was throwing something off, it really shows. It's a huge difference in low end. Kinda had to adjust my driving style again. Transmission shift logic seems to have been improved as well. Or maybe the extra torqe down low is enough to keep the transmission from having to shift so much. The most noticeable improvement for me is during highway driving. Before it would constantly drop a bunch of gears when I gave it a little gas to pass a car. Now, it seems to make enough torque to not have to downshift, or if it does, it's only 1 gear, which in turn makes the drive much smoother.

Added bonus is it also feels more powerful. I noticed a little extra pull across the entire power band. And the shift points were lowered a few hundred rpm, which is cool as power was starting to taper off by then.

All in all I would say that this tune is a MUST for anyone with the intake already.
WOT-Tuning likes this.

Last edited by GarySSHTX; 05-19-2016 at 07:29 AM.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavercamp44 View Post
That's very inpressive gains, please do one for then 2.0t and the injen intake!
The 2.0T tune isn't restricted by the stock intake, it's restricted by the transmission limits. If the transmission was no issue, they could turn it up even higher with no other mods.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
HPTuners - Tune In Progress (V4.12) - 14.36 @ 98 mph
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySSHTX View Post
Man, all I can say is thanks. Makes the car even more enjoyable to drive.

I believe the big difference it made was only a testament to how much that intake was throwing something off, it really shows. It's a huge difference in low end. Kinda had to adjust my driving style again. Transmission shift logic seems to have been improved as well. Or maybe the extra torqe down low is enough to keep the transmission from having to shift so much. The most noticeable improvement for me is during highway driving. Before it would constantly drop a bunch of gears when I gave it a little gas to pass a car. Now, it seems to make enough torque to not have to downshift, or if it does, it's only 1 gear, which in turn makes the drive much smoother.

Added bonus is it also feels more powerful. I noticed a little extra pull across the entire power band. And the shift points were lowered a few hundred rpm, which is cool as power was starting to taper off by then.

All in all I would say that this tune is a MUST for anyone with the intake already.
Weren't you going to give us drag strip times? That would be nice to see the difference in a real world setting.
GarySSHTX likes this.

2009 2LT V6 Red Jewel
w/Factory Fogs, Lip Spoiler, Black Calipers, Chrome-Tech 18s,
GM Performance STB, Amsoil Cone Intake
HPTuners - Tune In Progress (V4.12) - 14.36 @ 98 mph
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:51 AM
CMF Veteran Member

Garage
I know! I even lost my original time slip and forgot what I ran, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.