Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Some upgrades to my 2015 Malibu 1LT

20K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  DrivenDaily 
#1 ·
Hi this is my first post on this forum. These are some of the things I've done to my Malibu. Installed Magnaflow exhaust, LTZ tail lights, fog lamps, K&N cold air intake and a HID kit. Still need to add rims, tint and upgrade the sound system. I'll be adding more photos ran out of daylight. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sedan

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi this is my first post on this forum. These are some of the things I've done to my Malibu. Installed Magnaflow exhaust, LTZ tail lights, fog lamps, K&N cold air intake and a HID kit. Still need to add rims, tint and upgrade the sound system. I'll be adding more photos ran out of daylight. View attachment 21817
The add on exhaust tips, valence and leds look perfect! Well done sir.

#5 ·
Looks great man!!!

#6 ·
At the speed of LED
Those lights are a fright!

From the sound bouncing off the ground
Those chrome tips are real trips!

I think CP is using hyperbole and I'd like to correct him. You've gained at least 1,000,000 HP! :D

#8 ·
NICE!

I have the same car as you (color wise) and have the Magnaflow as well, love it! I may do the K&N as well, have not decided yet.

I do want to do the taillights, but I thought the factory LED's would not work on the non-LED equipped models which is why all the aftermarket ones for the LS and LT models. How did you get them to work? Did you do some wiring modifications? I would far prefer to install the factory LED lights, those look the best from all the others I have seen in the aftermarket.

#9 ·
#11 · (Edited)
You are correct, the LTZ brake lamps will not work on the LS and LT models. The inner tail lamps will work on those models you just have to re-pin the plugs. The brake lamps require a little wiring modification, plus re-pinning the plug. What I did was order a pulse width modulation converter from Curt manufacturing #56200. On the back of the brake lamp there is a small harness, I cut the light blue wire in half for the brake lights and ran them to the input side on the converter. The other half of the blue wire i connected to the output side of the converter. On the lamp harness there is a brown wire for the side marker and tail lamp, it has a factory splice sealed with heat shrink, the wire going to the 3 pin connector I cut and ran to the brown wire on the output side of the converter. The dark blue wire is for your turn signals do not touch that wire. Hopefully this will help you if you decide to go that route. The only problem is the removal of the outer tail lamps, I removed the bumper cover because on the bottom of the lamps is a bracket with clips that hold the bottom of the lamp to the bumper cover. The whole job took me about an hour and a half.

Attachments

#12 ·
But.... after that have you had any issues?

#16 ·
Hi this is my first post on this forum. These are some of the things I've done to my Malibu. Installed Magnaflow exhaust, LTZ tail lights, fog lamps, K&N cold air intake and a HID kit. Still need to add rims, tint and upgrade the sound system. I'll be adding more photos ran out of daylight. View attachment 21817

nice where did you get your rear lip for the dual exhaust tips i have been searching everywhere online but cant find that lip

#18 ·
Malibudriving: Great post and forum chat Thanks! Now I think I may change mine. I'm also not a fan of after market LEDS (cheap looking).
I really appreciate your info and schematic.

#19 ·
Just a note about the PWM device. Diode Dynamics has one just like it for sale for $10 as of this writing. Choose your vendor. :)

#29 ·
Yeah it's the cat back, I like it. The exhaust has been on the car for two years now and don't experience any buzzing or drone sound while cruising. Hell I get more noise from the intake when I gas it then the exhaust. Magnaflow has a mellow tone while idling and only mouths off when you accelerate, you don't need to think it will sound like a Honda with a fart can on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.