Pin-Stripes, Anyone? [Archive] - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

: Pin-Stripes, Anyone?

Pizza Man
03-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Has anyone considered pin-striping the Malibu. Any ideas on placement?

bignick
03-20-2008, 06:03 PM
im a custom pinstriper and im thinking of leaving this one alone.

Pizza Man
03-20-2008, 06:40 PM
im a custom pinstriper and im thinking of leaving this one alone.Honestly Nick, I agree. This is the first car I've owned that really doesn't need them.

If anything, maybe a little something around the bowtie on the trunk. But even that's a stretch.

MalibuCanuk
03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
I like the clean look myself,I think they look good just the way they are.But hey, if you like pinstripes go for it,it`s your opinion that counts, right.

Lee
03-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I think it will look cleaner without strips.

Pizza Man
03-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Before our LTZ arrived the wife asked if I would put on pin-stripes. I figured, what the hell, why not. Now that we have it I wouldn't know where to put them. I like the Bu just the way she is.

Now I know someone who's very creative and artistic will come up with some arrangement that I would like, but creative and artistic isn't me. :o

Malibooboo
03-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Would you put pinstripes on a BMW? Leave th Malibu the way it is because it needs nothing added to it.

Pizza Man
03-21-2008, 07:59 AM
I like the Bu just the way she is.

Would you put pinstripes on a BMW? Leave th Malibu the way it is because it needs nothing added to it.

I agree, as you can see from my earlier post. But if someone comes up with some sort of artwork or striping arrangement that appeals to me, I may just copy the idea. ;)

The key element for me is whether or not it blends into the body scheme of the Malibu. If somethings comes along and blends rather than overpowers or clashes, I'd surely consider it.

Malibooboo
04-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I seem to recal pinstriping discussed here a while back, but I couldn't find the thread. I saw two LTZ's at the dealer yesterday and both had a double pinstripe down the side of the car. I fully expected to see an extra cost added to the MSRP of the car, but there was none shown. Does the LTZ come standard with pinstriping? What about the other Malibu models?

It looked okay, but I'm not sure that a clean look would be better.

Pizza Man
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I seem to recal pinstriping discussed here a while back, but I couldn't find the thread. I saw two LTZ's at the dealer yesterday and both had a double pinstripe down the side of the car. I fully expected to see an extra cost added to the MSRP of the car, but there was none shown. Does the LTZ come standard with pinstriping? What about the other Malibu models?

It looked okay, but I'm not sure that a clean look would be better.
I found the original Thread, Doug. They are now merged.

I would like to see the pin striping before I decide, but the clean look sure appeals to me at this point.

Malibooboo
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
So I guess that answers the question that pinstriping is NOT standard on the LTZ.

Pizza Man
04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
So I guess that answers the question that pinstriping is NOT standard on the LTZ.
Sorry Doug, in my haste I for got to answer the question.

You are correct. Stripes are not standard on any Malibu model..

Malo83
04-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Don't do it PizzaMan, that red looks great the way it sits ;)

Pizza Man
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Don't do it PizzaMan, that red looks great the way it sits ;)
Malo, while we were waiting for our Malibu to come in the wife asked if I'd get it pinstriped for her. I did it to my Ridgeline and figured, why not?

Once the Malibu was parked in our driveway, I couldn't find a break point where I would put a pin stripe. So, I still haven't done anythig. I'd like to see someone who's more creative than me and see what they come up with. Even if it's just a little scrolly thing on the trunk between the tail lights.

Malibooboo
04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Malo, while we were waiting for our Malibu to come in the wife asked if I'd get it pinstriped for her. I did it to my Ridgeline and figured, why not?

Once the Malibu was parked in our driveway, I couldn't find a break point where I would put a pin stripe. So, I still haven't done anythig. I'd like to see someone who's more creative than me and see what they come up with. Even if it's just a little scrolly thing on the trunk between the tail lights.

I should have taken a pic of the pinstriped LTZ at the dealer..... :o

AGstone
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Before I decided to purchase my Malibu, I test drove one (either a 1LT or 2LT) at a local dealership. It had an "optional" pinstripe that was very attractive, and I recall that the portion of pinstripe on the front fender incorporated the Chevy 'bowtie' logo.

When I purchased my Malibu (from another dealership), I requested a 'color coordinated' pinstripe (my car is silverstone w/ the titanium interior), but my request was either overlooked or forgotten. After a month or so of ownership, I again requested (from the salesman) a pinstripe be added to my car, and, again, my request evaporated into nothingness.

I have since decided the car is very attractive without a pinstripe, and there must have been a 'cosmic reason' why my pinstripe requests never materialized. Obviously, I was not meant to have a pinstripe on my new Malibu, and I have accepted that the decision was made for me.

Malibooboo
04-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Before I decided to purchase my Malibu, I test drove one (either a 1LT or 2LT) at a local dealership. It had an "optional" pinstripe that was very attractive, and I recall that the portion of pinstripe on the front fender incorporated the Chevy 'bowtie' logo.

When I purchased my Malibu (from another dealership), I requested a 'color coordinated' pinstripe (my car is silverstone w/ the titanium interior), but my request was either overlooked or forgotten. After a month or so of ownership, I again requested (from the salesman) a pinstripe be added to my car, and, again, my request evaporated into nothingness.

I have since decided the car is very attractive without a pinstripe, and there must have been a 'cosmic reason' why my pinstripe requests never materialized. Obviously, I was not meant to have a pinstripe on my new Malibu, and I have accepted that the decision was made for me.

And on the seventh day God rested, and no pinstripes were placed upon the Malibu.

Pizza Man
04-29-2008, 07:02 AM
And on the seventh day God rested, and no pinstripes were placed upon the Malibu.
I'm liking your humorous side, Doug. :D

Malibooboo
04-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm liking your humorous side, Doug. :D

Life is hard - you have to keep things light. :)

08MalibuLeaser
04-30-2008, 06:14 AM
No pinstripes for me - I like the solids, think the stripe takes away from the car instead of adding to it...

Pizza Man
04-30-2008, 07:10 AM
No pinstripes for me - I like the solids, think the stripe takes away from the car instead of adding to it...
I agree, this car gains nothing in appearance by adding the pin stripes.

I do think some kind of design on the trunk lid, between the tail lights, centered around the bow tie emblem might be cool!

plgtx
04-30-2008, 07:56 AM
I saw a 08 Malibu with a spoiler, and that that was the perfect compliment. Other than that, the car is great as is (to me).

Mac Man
10-05-2008, 03:55 PM
My white 2LT came with black pinstripes and the small Chevy bowtie is on the rear quarter panel. I've had it for about a month and washed it for the first time tonight. I wish they hadn't put them on because I think the car would look much better without them. I've asked the dealer where I purchased the car if the pinstripes are tape and could be removed with an adhesive remover like "Goo Gone" or if they were painted on. I was told they are painted on. They correctly read between the lines of my e-mail that if I want them removed I should bring the car to them and not try to do it myself.

If I take it to their body shop, how do you think they will remove them?

DOACanada
10-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Didn't another member put them on already? I think it was in the modificaton section when he was getting other work done.

I will have to see if I can find the thread.

my vote is leave it off, it looks great without them.

Lee
10-06-2008, 06:34 AM
If I take it to their body shop, how do you think they will remove them?

There is a very good chance the pinstripe is tape. It has not been on long so the tape will come off fairly easy with a little heat and the adhesive with some type of goo gone.
I can't think of a easy way to get painted strips off.
You should be able to tell if it is tape if you look very close, also run you fingernail over it to feel for the edge. Look for overlap where two stripes meet.

wabbott
10-06-2008, 11:38 AM
It's hard to see on the pictures (http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427) but I have pin stripes on my 2LT. That along with the tinted windows were dealer adds-on - I didn't want them initially but I came to be glad I have them fairly quickly.

Jerkyking
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Mine came with pinstripe tape, I've grown to like it. Where ever my pics are you can see it.