What is this part called and where can I buy it? [Archive] - Chevy Malibu Forum: Chevrolet Malibu Forums

: What is this part called and where can I buy it?

11-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to get some life out of my 2002 Malibu. Anyone know what this part is called? It's the flap that controls whether you get fresh air or recirculated air, but I've googled "ac flap" and other stuff, and nothing comes up. Also, anyone know where I could buy it? It has the number 52460460 but that hasn't helped. Thanks!


11-11-2011, 03:30 PM
It almost looks like the AC Valve...


Hopefully the link works for you. Put your year, make and model then select Air Conditioner and Heater, Evaporator and Heater components, then valve, then AC and then click view illustration. I think that's part # 11.

11-11-2011, 11:46 PM
It's a blend door. Your description helped. There's another blend door for Floor/Defrost and one for Vent/Floor. The one most are familiar with is the heater blend door.

The broken piece of plastic is probably what is causing you all the hassle. Make sure you look for obstructions up inside before putting another one in. You can probably find one at a junk yard and get some extra equipment with it and spend less than getting one brand new. Plus you can use the junk yard car to figure out how to get to it, and if something breaks you won't have to worry about it. Just don't do the same to yours! ;)

11-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Thank you both!