Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2013 Chevrolet Rebates

10K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  rodhotter 
#1 ·
Anyone got any inside info. or might no when Chevrolet is going to release the rebates for the 13 Malibu??? I went to trade in my 2012 on the 13 and my salesman told me (mind you, he is a friend of mine). To wait until just after the 1st for rebates but said he can not say any more then that. Was wondering if anyone might no something??

#3 ·
From everything I've researched and read, it appears rebates are going to be based on regional sales numbers. What's offered here in Oklahoma maybe considerably different in Michigan. It will be interesting to see how GM plays this out.

Tre'

#4 ·
I would love to be able to help with this, jash1178, but I don’t get the new incentive information until the day they go into effect. I’d be more than happy to look into the incentives on January 3, 2013.

I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve celebrating and be safe.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
I’ll be out of the office from 4:30pm EST today through 01/01/13.

#10 ·
No they didn't shut it down to refresh the vehicle. The refresh is coming later in 2013. They shut down the plants because they have too many vehicles on hand and they need to get rid of some extra inventory.

#12 ·
#15 ·
#19 ·
I am a rookie and a first time poster but a long time follower of this forum. I am upgrading from a 2007 Impala and ordered my 2013 2LT 2.5 on Dec. 16. I am in Alberta and was told by my dealer to expect the car in 6-8 weeks. With the plant slowdown, does anyone know if this is still a realistic expectation or is this timeline out the window? What kind of experience are other Canadians having with their orders? It is Jan. 3 and I am also wondering if anyone has had any update on new incentives.

#20 ·
Just bought my '13 LTZ 1-7-13 and recieved two $500 rebates. I knew Chevy had one $500 rebate so the second one was a surprise. Gm card also doubled my earnings to $3000 and gave me an extra $1000 to boot. That offer said it expires 2-28-13. $5000 off in addition to a bartered deal on the list price was an offer I could not refuse. Very happy with the car.

#27 · (Edited)
we got the same offer ,gm double earning brought us to 3K and a extra 1K to boot,my $500 farm bureuro did not apply

found a lost leader priced LS for $19.5,used our 4K for balance of 15.5

good deal had to do it,this was a dealer 2 hrs away.

a week later found a dealer 6hrs away giving away the same car for $18.7 ad price..damit

#24 ·
Hi, Errol! Do you have the VIN of the Malibu yet or an order number?

On page 1-18 of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu owner’s manual is the following information;
“Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System

For vehicles with FCA, this system is intended to help avoid or reduce the harm caused by front-end crashes. FCA provides a flashing visual alert and beeps when approaching a vehicle directly ahead too quickly. FCA also provides a visual alert if following another vehicle much too closely. The forward-looking FCA camera sensor is on the windshield ahead of the rearview mirror. FCA detects vehicles within a distance of approximately 60m (197 ft) and operates at speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph).

See Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System on page 9‑38 for more information.”

Then on page 9-38 through 9-40 it reads;
“Forward Collision Alert (FCA) System

For vehicles with this feature, read the following section before using it.

The FCA system may help to avoid or reduce the harm caused by front-end crashes. FCA provides a flashing visual alert and beeps when approaching a vehicle directly ahead too quickly. FCA also provides a visual alert if following another vehicle much too closely.

The forward-looking FCA camera sensor is on the windshield ahead of the rearview mirror. FCA detects vehicles within a distance of approximately 60m (197 ft) and operates at speeds above 40 km/h (25 mph).

WARNING:
FCA is a warning system and does not apply the brakes. When approaching a slower- moving or stopped vehicle ahead too rapidly, or when following a vehicle too closely, FCA may not provide a warning with enough time to help avoid a crash. FCA does not warn of pedestrians, animals, signs, guardrails, bridges, construction barrels, or other objects. Be ready to take action and apply the brakes. For more information, see Defensive Driving on page 9-3.”

On page 9-39 it continues with;
“Detecting the Vehicle Ahead

The green vehicle ahead indicator will appear when a vehicle is detected ahead. Whenever this indicator does not appear, FCA will not respond. The indicator may disappear on curves, highway exit ramps, or hills, or due to poor visibility. The FCA system will not detect another vehicle ahead until it is completely in the driving lane.

WARNING

FCA does not provide a warning to help avoid a crash, unless it detects a vehicle. FCA may not detect a vehicle ahead if the FCA sensor is blocked by dirt, snow, or ice, or if the windshield is damaged. It may also not detect a vehicle on winding or hilly roads, or in conditions that can limit visibility such as fog, rain, or snow, or if the headlamps or windshield are not cleaned or in proper condition. Keep the windshield, headlamps, and FCA sensors clean and in good repair.

Collision Alert

When your vehicle approaches another vehicle too rapidly, the red FCA display will flash and eight beeps will sound from the front.

When this occurs, the brake system prepares for driver braking to occur more rapidly. Continue to apply the brake pedal as the driving situation dictates.

Tailgating Alert

The green vehicle ahead indicator will turn amber if the vehicle ahead remains much too close.”

You’ll probably find the following information very interesting, which is found on 9-40;
“Selecting the Alert Timing

The Collision Alert control is on the steering wheel. Press COLLISION ALERT to set the alert timing to far, medium, near, or off. The first button press shows the current control setting on the DIC. Additional button presses will change this setting. The chosen setting will remain until it is changed and will affect both the Collision Alert and the Tailgating Alert features. The timing of both alerts will vary based on vehicle speed. The faster the vehicle speed, the further away the alert will occur. Consider traffic and weather conditions when selecting the alert timing. The range of selectable alert timing may not be appropriate for all drivers and driving conditions.

Unnecessary Alerts

FCA may provide unnecessary alerts to turning vehicles, vehicles in other lanes, objects that are not vehicles, or shadows. These alerts are normal operation and the vehicle does not need service.

Other Messages

There are messages that may appear on the Driver Information Center (DIC) in the instrument cluster to provide information about FCA. See Object Detection System Messages on page 5‑33.

Cleaning the System

If the FCA system does not seem to operate properly, clean the outside of the windshield area in front of the camera sensor before considering taking the vehicle in for service.”

The following link is to the 2013 Malibu owner’s manual:
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ship/Manuals and Videos/02_pdf/2k13malibu.pdf

You can also find this by visiting www.chevrolet.com. Once the site is loaded, at the top you’ll see “Ownership”. Drill down on this and a drop down menu will appear. At this time you’ll be able to click on “Manuals and Videos”. I new window will appear and you can choose the model year and model of the Chevrolet vehicle you would like the owner’s manual for plus there are videos to help you get to know your new Malibu.

Please, let me know if you would like me to check the status of your order.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

#25 ·
I have a VIN and am happy with the dealer keeping me informed. I have down loaded the manual to my ipad and will have to read it more carefully. Waiting this long for the car is like waiting in the Honeymoon Suite for so long that you forget what you were waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.