Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rim Specs

25K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kuekio 
#1 ·
Hello! Does anyone know the rim specs on the 2013 Malibu Eco? I saw other posts showing Malibus with the G6 18 inch rims on their cars and would like to do something similiar for my 2013. I didnt know if GM switched up the offsets or bolt patterns for the 2013s or not. I believe older Malibus were 5x110 and could support a 41 offset.

On a side note it would be sweet if they did change the pattern to support the Camaro rims 5x120 :D

#2 ·
Just as an update to my own post...I checked eBay, and there is one 2013 Malibu rim for sale. He even posted a pic of the back of the rim showing 17x8.0x41 which confirms what i thought.

Interesingly enough he has the bolt pattern listed as 5x4 3/4 which comes out to 5x120, can it be they switched it up and now may be able to except camaro rims? :eek:

#5 ·
Sorry for the delay, been super busy. I did my research and picked up a set of 2010 Camaro rims (19 inchers). They came with the stock 245/50r19 tires on them which i was weary of. I got them on and sure enough the fronts were rubbing the strut tower. The backs fit fine, it is just the fronts. So im going to have to find smaller tires all the way around so i can stuff them under the front.

I put them on so A) other 2013 owners can see how good they look, and B) so older Malibu owners can be jealous us 2013 guys can use camaro rims :D

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry for the delay, been super busy. I did my research and picked up a set of 2010 Camaro rims (19 inchers). They came with the stock 245/50r19 tires on them which i was weary of. I got them on and sure enough the fronts were rubbing the strut tower. The backs fit fine, it is just the fronts. So im going to have to find smaller tires all the way around so i can stuff them under the front.

I put them on so A) other 2013 owners can see how good they look, and B) so older Malibu owners can be jealous us 2013 guys can use camaro rims :D

Image deleted by CMF: Long load time - sorry
If back is ok, you can get 205-50-19 for the fronts, you'll be fine there.
As noted below, the above size is slightly smaller all around (Front and Back)

If you use the 205-50-19 Tire Upgrade to match your rear 50's:

Diameter = 27.1
Radius = 13.5
Circumference = 85.0
Sidewall = 4.0

Original is:
Diameter = 27.3
Radius = 13.6
Circumference = 85.6
Sidewall = 4.6

#7 ·
Well, I'm jealous.

Not.

Those are good looking rims but my car is meant to be driven daily (hmm, that would be a good screen name, eh? ;)) and that means enough sidewall to absorb the hellish potholes we get here. The 18's are barely enough to do the job; 16's would do better but handling would suffer. 19's are larger rims that weigh more and have smaller sidewalls, making tire and/or rim damage more possible. They are also much higher in cost for some reason, but 20's are less. Must be a supply & demand thing.

#10 · (Edited)
For 19" ...

Original is:
Diameter = 27.3
Radius = 13.6
Circumference = 85.6
Sidewall = 4.6

If you use the 275-40-19 Tire Upgrades: (Not recommended)

Diameter = 27.7
Radius = 13.8
Circumference = 86.9
Sidewall = 4.3

If you use the 265-40-19 Tire Upgrades:

Diameter = 27.3
Radius = 13.7 (Not necessarily bad)
Circumference = 85.9 (Not necessarily bad)
Sidewall = 4.2

If you use the 255-40-19 Tire Upgrades: (better option, closer to original)

Diameter = 27.0
Radius = 13.5
Circumference = 84.9
Sidewall = 4.0

#11 ·
Lol how bout these 20's?;)
-245/35ZR20---->Front
-275/35ZR20---->Rear
Just tried them on... There gonna rub like no other in the back tho. The gap in between the fender and the wheel is perfect...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.