Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking about the new 2013 Malibu LTZ!

10K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Svc 
#1 ·
I've been checking out Chevy's site for the new 2013 turbocharged BU and after building out a 2LTZ version online fully loaded I have to say that I have taken quite a liking to the car.........:) Black with the leather black/sandstone interior is quite sexy. I want to go test drive this bad boy but I'm afraid I might drive off the lot with one............lmao

I can't imagine too many mods I would need to do to it other than tint the windows, ptm bowties, rims and maybe lower its suspension once a setup comes out for it. That's it in a nutshell. I don't want to do too much of anything to my next car so this new Bu would be just perfect for me. Ahhh, temptation temptation..............:(

#2 ·
Sweet rides for sure! And to add to the temptation, the cruise control in the '13 has a cancel button...

Temptation... ;)

#4 ·

If someone bought a 2013 malibu just for the cancel button on the cruise control I don't even know what the hell I would say.

Definately get the windows tinted and black bowties would be cool. I wouldn't lower it at all and mess up the nice ride but that's just me.

#8 ·
Hey Michelle, I had a couple of internet sales reps call me today. I'm going to Ourisman of Alexandria in VA to do a test drive this afternoon and see how they will work with me as far as trade in and incentives. I'm already quite surprised by the internet sales discounts alone to be honest........:)

#10 ·
So did you take a test drive yesterday CoolandClever? If so then how did it go?

Be careful with the internet sales prices. The dealer I went to had the same thing but when you get there you have to qualify for different discounts that they didn't specify online.

#12 ·
Hey Nutcrunch, yeah I did make it out yesterday and I have to say that I really like the new Malibu. Just sitting inside of that bad boy was an experience. I really like the interior layout and the Chevy Mylink system with navigation was slick. Nice system and not as complicated as Ford's Mytouch system. The ride with the 2.0 turbo engine was quite smooth and it felt like the power was just there when you needed which is very nice. Coming from driving my 4-banger there is definitely a difference. For you current V-6 owners, I don't think you will really know the difference. I drove a V6 version of the 7th Gen Bu and that experience with the 8th Gen turbocharged 4 was not much of a difference at all to me but to each there own.

Unfortunately the dealer could not workout a good trade in value for my Bu so I walked. I was looking for them to give me enough to payoff the current Bu and they didn't do that so no deal. I'm not trying to be upside down on the new car loan.

#13 ·
The good internet sales price quote I got from the other dealership maybe a ploy no doubt but I'll humor the dealership just to see what I can really get out of it. I also recently received two $500 coupons from them as well so I'll dissect them next and see what happens..............:)

#15 ·
Michelle, yes I am looking into other dealerships. I'm checking out an Ourisman in Marlow Heights, MD tomorrow which is where I got my current Bu from. They are the ones who sent me a $500 loyalty cash coupon along with the nice internet quote. I'm curious to see if I actually get that price or close to it along with taking care of my trade in.

#16 ·
@CoolandClever1, not to be pushy, but would you like me to see what other dealership’s in your area may have the 2013 Malibu to your liking and see what they can offer you in terms of incentives and trade in for the vehicle? If so please, let me know and I will let you know what details I’ll need to get this done for you.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

#17 ·
Hey Michelle, since I've started my inquiry about this car I have already been to 3 different dealerships and the issue hasn't been with the pricing of the new Malibu but more so getting a good trade in deal for my current Bu. Because of some of the aftermarket things done to it (mainly lowered suspension) they are really low balling on that aspect to cover as they say returning the car to stock. The car hasn't been drastically altered at all really other than the suspension which can be returned back to stock by them with ease especially since I have the stock springs on hand. As of now I'm pretty much holding off on the new Bu until I pay it down morre to the level of pricing they have been offering me. I might just wait until I pay the car off to be honest.

#18 ·
We are also considering the 2013 Malibu. I've already sat in one to be sure the head restraint does not interfere with my normal posture and was pleasantly surprised. Next step is to take some time and test drive both the 2.5 and the 2.0 Turbo. (I should search on this forum to see if anyone has posted a "real" driving comparison of the two.)

#21 ·
One negative I've noticed from the online Chevrolet build feature as well as from the dealer brochure is that in order to get one of the most basic functions (driver memory seats) on the 2LTZ, one has to add on THREE extra packages adding nearly $3000 extra to the cost. I hope I'm wrong.

#22 ·
Hi All,
When thinking of the 2013 Malibu you should also think of the Eco version. I know everyone thinks the Eco version is higher cost then the rest of the Malibu’s. But if you price an ECO 2SA with leather interior the resultant price is only $115 more than the LTZ with the 2.5. Driving an ECO after it has completed its Brake-In period is somewhat different then driving a Malibu Eco fresh from the factory. The car is more powerful, electric boost kicks in more easily and the brakes feel more linear and smother. MPG has also increased. I took delivery of our 2013 Malibu on Oct 1st 2012.

#23 · (Edited)
I can't say I've noticed those changes except for a little better gas mileage in our Eco which we bought back in May and have over 6,000 miles on it now.
It always drove smooth right off the lot with plenty of power and the brakes feel just as good as they did then.

I think most people are turned off just hearing the word Eco. I would have been too and probably not have even driven the car if a regular Malibu had been available when we looked. When we drove ours I was really surprised how much power it had, I always assumed any eco or hybrid car was a slug. I also loved how it shut off at lights and restarted so smoothly, cool as hell. It didn't hurt that it was supposed to get better mileage too. We fell in love with it and bought it.

#24 ·
I love the new malibu inside and out but when we replace our 08 I believe we'll be moving to a Camaro. I just don't think the 2.5 is going to be poweful enough and I don't trust any gas turbo engine to go 200,000 miles.

#26 ·
Nutcrunch,

I'm also very interested in hearing your mileage. There are 3 e-assist models listed on fueleconomy.gov and those results are not too good:

1. 19.5 mpg with 50/50 city/hwy
2. 20.7 mpg with 80/20 city/hwy
3. 34.0 mpg with 30/70 city/hwy

So, two are very low and the other is generally within the EPA estimates. I've been personally thinking that I can't sacrifice the trunk space for our family of 4 but one guy on another site said he was getting 43 mpg while using one for work which is enough to make me at least consider it. But the numbers are all over the map so your experience through 6000 miles would be good to hear.

dcsforum

#27 · (Edited)
Well we mainly drive city and the wife uses the car all week to drive to work. I reset the average speed a while back and it always stays right around 20 mph. We get about 23 mpg.
Around Halloween we took a drive out to another state and got right around 37mpg on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.