Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to program key fob with remote start 2006 MAXX

43K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  setite 
#1 ·
I have tried and tried to program a key fob for my maxx with remote start.

Has anyone had any luck with out taking it to the dealer?

Thank you

#6 ·
10.50 is a deal, they want 50$ in Canada but they will do 4 at the same time so if you take four in it is the same price. they still charge 50$ just to do one. You have to do them all though so they match the receiver in the car.
Les

#10 ·
Hood must be fully closed (or at least the switch has to say it is). Trans in P (again, per the switch). Key not inserted.

If any of those conditions are not satisfied the remote will not start the car. To reset the number of times you can start between key-on starts, start the car with the key then shut it off, remvoe the key, and close the doors. Try the fob again. Lock, then quickly press and hold start (at least 4 seconds). Does the engine turn over or start? Do the lights flash again? If so, how many times?

#17 ·
Yea I was quoted upwards of 200$ in Las Vegas to have a key fob I bought on eBay programmed. It's a nuisance that I now have to unlock my car with the key. The only thing it does successfully is pop open the trunk. It's really quite annoying having to pay so much. My mom's car, a lexus.. or her previous avalon just required a series of hop, jumps, and skips with the ignition, pedals, and I think doors.

Basically, for the price a reprogram costs, I am going to get an aftermarket alarm instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.