Few Mods

23K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Casmith84 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Full-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Grille

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

Auto part

Well finally got the car here and been working on it since Thursday.Did the door handles,pillars,Bra,debaged and speakers(which I will do a write up on).

See less See more
#3 ·
I was going to do that but seeing the wife mostly drive it she doesn't want the hassle if it was me i would have left it off.

#6 ·
Dual exhaust is nice but I don't like the mufflers right at the back of the car. I like them tucked up further forward so all you see is the tips.

But it looks like it's nicely put together.

#7 ·
I like the wheels and tires in the first shot.The leds in the headlights are kinda hit and miss,I like the halo effect better.As for the dual tips,I like them but as was said hide the mufflers better

#17 ·
Emblems are put on with 2 sided tape like 3m or something.I just used a heat gun(good hair drier will proly work too) to warm them up real good and pulled on them as I was doing it.Might leave alittle glue but thats easy enough to take off.Yup all paint under them.

#18 ·
Thanks for the "behind the curtain" info. I think I'm taking mine off. It's just too pretty a car and the clean lines deserve the trunk emblems that just feel wrong.

I wish they'd rather use a 60s cursive emblem. I may find one from Year One, paint it grey metallic and put it back on. :)

#23 ·
Thanks for the "behind the curtain" info. I think I'm taking mine off. It's just too pretty a car and the clean lines deserve the trunk emblems that just feel wrong.

I wish they'd rather use a 60s cursive emblem. I may find one from Year One, paint it grey metallic and put it back on. :)
I found

I did that to mine. The letters kept falling off. I was lucky enough to find a 78-80 badge for $3 at an antique store.

#19 ·
Yup car looks better IMO without them on it and I think Chevy is making the bowties way way to big now for my taste.

#20 ·
Seems to bea trend for companies to oversize emblems. I actually think the Bow Tie is one of the coolest, identifiable in the world. Up ther with Apple.

I just wish they didn't go gold on everything. One of my favorite campaigns for cars was late 80s. The radio version had a burbling V8 in an IROC and the announcer simply said, "Beware the Red Bow Tie," as the "hot models" had a red outlined black (I think) emblem.

They should have a handful in the bin of different colors to look right on each car. My car is grey metallic with no trace of gold anywhere else on my car (thank god, gold trim is tasteless on most cars IMO).

That being said, I still love bright work even though its not real chrome anymore. Used properly (our cars grilles for instance) pops!

Adam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.