Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P0455 Wont pass emissions

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ElantraMax 
#1 ·
Not sure what to do here my 04 malibu new body style with a 3.5L V 6 keeps getting a P0455 code which is driving me nuts... With the new emission standards in Ontario my car will not pass Etest.... i have done everything i can think of to fix it bought both the vent and the purge solenoids, tried multiple gas caps and still cant fix it....only thing i have yet to do is fog the system (not even sure if possible on newer vehicles.... If there is anyone out there that has any idea of what i could change to make the code go away that would be great..

Thank you signed irritated owner lol

#3 ·
I read this before and it has gotten me no where i have changed the parts that it talks about with no result it seems like my car is destine for the scrap yard which is a shame as the body is mint on it as well as the rest of the car mind you it has 389k on it lol

#4 ·
Sounds like there is a leak somewhere in the evap system and sometimes they are a real pain to find.We in northern Ohio have to deal with the emission test also.Here if you have spent a certain amount trying to fix it(I think 300 bucks)you can get a waiver and pass it that way.Another way is the dealer and some shops can do what they call a smoke test and try and find the leak in the system.Good luck to you. I myself have fought with this code on a few friends cars but before we got as far as doing the smoke test other things gave up on the cars and they were junked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.