Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone have any advice on a VERY annoying driver's seat??

21K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  wbdavevers 
#1 ·
I may have posted about this before. My internet is down and I am attempting this post from a cell phone so I apologize if this repetitive.

Earlier this year, when my '09 LT was under its bumper to bumper warranty, I had complaints about the drivers seat. To describe this as best as I possibly can, the symptoms are as follows:

When I accelerate, lean back, or go around turns like highway exit ramps, there is a noise, almost a creak but more of a click. It isn't all the time, it either doesn't happen at all, or happens nonstop. They lubed the seat tracks, tightened up some wiring and even replaced the seatback. Nothing has remedied the issue. It is driving me crazy, to the point where I don't even want to drive it.

Does anyone, or has anyone had this problem with the seat? I am almost considering buying a brand new seat, because I am just tred of it, but the problem has been documented since before the warranty expired, so I really don't think I should have to pay for that.

Any thoughts ?

#43 · (Edited)
My car is back at the dealership and they are looking at the seat frame now. I was explaining the issue to my co-worker and I did a quick internet search for a photo to show them. I made a discovery (which may already be common knowledge to all of you).

After the 2009 model year, the design of the seatbacks underwent a noticable change. Notable because it was virtually the only change on the interior of the vehicle, and it is a pronounced one. The only other change I know about is the switch from steering wheel shift levers to a rocker button on the shift-knob to operate the transmission's manual mode. Please see the attached images for comparison.

Attachments

#44 ·
This will sound crazy but my passenger side seat seemed to make that type of noise. Drove me crazy . Ended up being the seat belt clip between the seat and the center console. It must be a potential problem because we noticed that they have a square piece of rubber stuck on them . When it happens now we just keep moving the seat belt clip around until it stops.

#45 ·
My driver seat has exhibited the exact same problem as described by opening post. I did as Seller400 suggested, but that was not my problem. Finally today, after several visits, the dealership replaced the seat frame. Completely quiet on the way home. Time will tell if it is a lasting solution.

#47 ·
Does anyone know what seat tops (foam and backing) are interchangeable for a chevy classic 2005 driver seat, even some of the 2000 seat tops (upper seat or back) looks the same as the 2002-2005 Malibu, been to auto yards. The passenger side seat is always in better condition, hoping I could just carefully remove the cushion with the seat cover still on it from a very good condition passenger seat and carefully put it on the driver seat, of course you have to dislodge the cushion properly off the frame first , and to put it back on. Any pros and cons? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.