Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My new LTZ

17K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  MyMalibu13 
#1 ·
#32 ·
Ok lets do some math. Carry the one I got $26200 :eek:) Sticker on the Malibu was 35k+ I paid 33 and change. All that matters is that I am comfortable with it, thanks for caring. But I felt good about the deal. I did better than I thought and was willing to lose more to get rid of the underpowered golf cart. I hated the car shortly after purchasing it. No offense to those who have them and love em, I was not that guy.

#33 · (Edited)
mzodarg, satisfaction is the key and it's crucial. Glad you finally got what you wanted and it worked out out to your satisfaction.

Still loving my ECO but you guys who have black interior, i feel for you. This is a bitch to keep clean looking. Had to satisfy the wife when we opted for that color. So far, that is the only gripe i have with this car.

#34 ·
You ain't kidding about the black interior. I washed the Malibu today and I need to go wipe down the interior, it is dirtier than Oprah's face after eating a couple dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I don't mind the dirt as much as how easy the scratches are to see on the black.
I guess it's like the exterior of a car being black. When it is clean and scratch free it is beautiful but the problem is you have to keep it looking that way.

#38 ·
Since I had an ECO 2SA I have something to compare it to, The LTZ is definitely a little rougher and the suspension is stiffer with a tad bit more road noise. The power, push start, passive lock and unlock, a trunk with room in it and the my link system all make up for the difference in the ride.

Gas mileage has been acceptable so far, city driving I'm averaging 22.4 MPGs with only 600 miles on the vehicle. I've yet to take a trip with any distance so I have nothing to report on that.

Welcome to the forum!

Hope that helps.

Tre'

#41 ·
Your car looks sharp.

The reason I asked about the ride quality...

.... The ride quality is dictated solely by the tire/wheel size combinations. 16/17/18/19" on the current 2013 Malibus all use the exact same 4 wheel independent suspensions. There is no variance. That is why I asked what the ride quality was like with the low profile 19s. The ride quality is very important to me. I currently own a 2009 Malibu LTZ with 225/50 18". The 2013 18" use a taller side wall tire 235/50/18 that gives a more subtle compliant ride than my 18" tire/wheel combinations. I will have to take out an 2013 LTZ with the optional 2.0 litre, 19s and compare the differences in ride especially on rough surfaces.

The 2014 Impala's will have a taller sidewall on their 19" LTZ model. 245/45 19" as compared to 245/40/19" on the Malibu...........The Impala 20" LTZ option will have the same ride quality as your 19" as they will be 245/40/20"

#42 ·
I'm curious to know if all the cars made after a certain date with the navigation radios have that now. I am pretty sure they do but I could be mistaken.

#43 ·
Mine has the following PKGs

PCU-Electronic & Entertainment package
PCX-LTZ Premium
UHQ- radio 7" colr scree touch nav

and the PCY- Advanced safety PKG

Unclear if it makes any difference and if it does what pkgs gives me those functions.

#45 ·
From what I've read on the Chev website, Chev brochure, and the article at the link below, it is MyLink paired via Bluetooth to your smartphone that allows the Pandora and Stitcher apps to run on the car's screen. I believe MyLink is only available in combination with the Navigation package.

"A Closer Look at GM's MyLink and IntelliLink" --> http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31347_7-20055824-270.html

#47 · (Edited)
From what I've read on the Chev website, Chev brochure, and the article at the link below, it is MyLink paired via Bluetooth to your smartphone that allows the Pandora and Stitcher apps to run on the car's screen. I believe MyLink is only available in combination with the Navigation package.

"A Closer Look at GM's MyLink and IntelliLink" --> http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31347_7-20055824-270.html
That is a wrong assumption and your link is from April 2011, over a year and a half old.
Our car has the My Link system with Pandora, Stitcher and bluetooth audio. We do not have the separate navigation package.

When the Eco trims were the only ones available I know that the navigation option made the My Link system lose Pandora, Stitcher and bluetooth audio which was completely ridiculous since that was an extra paid option. I am not sure when they changed it but it seems now if you get the navigation package then it now lets you keep Pandora, Stitcher and bluetooth audio.

Also you can listen to Pandora, Stitcher or anything through the blutooth audio. My grand daughter was even playing a game on my phone and the sound was coming through the My Link radio. To get the full Pandora or Stitcher controls on your My Link touch screen you will need to plug your phone into the usb jack. This gives you the full controls like the app. You can give thumbs up or down, see art, skip etc.

#46 ·
I will have to take out an 2013 LTZ with the optional 2.0 litre, 19s and compare the differences in ride especially on rough surfaces.
You'll notice a difference
The LTZ is definitely a little rougher and the suspension is stiffer with a tad bit more road noise
with the 19s, I can't say if it rides any different if it had 18's but it rougher than the 17s the ECO had.

all use the exact same 4 wheel independent suspensions
If in fact they do, this LTZ is a lot stiffer than my 13 ECO. Might be because it's new and my Eco had 14K on it.

#50 ·
While I'm not MyMalibu13, I figured it would be ok to answer since I own a 2013 Eco.

If people are complaining about the power they would really hate the previous year 2.4 equipped cars since the 2013 engine alone has more hp, torque and a half second better 0-60 time than the last generation.
Also the electric motor can kick in some boost too at times when full throttle is applied.

Earlier this year we went on a highway trip halfway across the country and back and the car performed wonderfully. We took our 06 Malibu with the 2.4 last year and it did ok but it sure did make a lot of racket and struggle at times to keep the cruise set going through the mountains. The 13 was quiet at all times and took the mountains with ease.
Passing trucks or whatever was done easily too.

#51 · (Edited)
Thanks nutcrunch and i agree. This is from an earlier post of mine from back this summer when we took our first road trip shortly after you did. In regards to the power...............................
I was amazed at the performance the electric motor gave. Going up steep grades, the trans did not shift down as often as it normally would have. I kept the "energy mode" displayed on the touch screen display during these climbs and the electric motor operated quite often during this time and did its job perfectly and seemlessly.

The car was extremely smooth and quiet for the duration of the trip. The ECO was actually fun to drive in the mountains, as it did not struggle at all climbing the different grades. The engine sounded extremely quiet especially when the cruise was set climbing the grades. Again, the electric motor did its job quite well. Combined with the excellent performance of the 4-banger, they navigated the mountains easily.

If one would be concerned with the power of this combination, my opinion is, don't be.
I've driven quite a few vehicles since i first got my license 47 years ago and i am not the least bit worried about the power of my ECO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.