Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealer Advertising

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  rayle 
#1 ·
Some of us have been commenting in other threads about dealer advertising applied to a new vehicle, sometimes to the bumper, sometimes to the window, sometimes via a plate frame.

Out of curiosity, how would you classify yourself:

A. No big deal; I leave the advertising on.
B. I wait until I get home and remove the sticker/frame myself.
C. Won't take delivery of the vehicle until the dealer removes all advertising.

If you are a "B" person, what methods do you use to remove stickers?

#4 ·
I used to not mind at all but on my 91 S10 I used to have and now this Malibu I removed the stickers myself.
The Malibu was easy and the vinyl lettering just peeled right off the trunk lid. My old 91 S10 had the sticker on it for a long time so I just peeled it off the best I could then used Motsenbockers Lift Off spray that I bought a while back at Pep Boys and it took the residue off.
The Malibu still has a rear license plate frame with the dealers name on it but since it is white and matches the car I'll leave it on.

#6 ·
B.

Mine used the kind that each letter is its own sticker, but it came off pretty easy.

#7 ·
B.
I bought my car almost a month ago and just removed the dealer frame. I've always had good luck removing the dealer decals with a small plastic scraper & hair dryer.

#10 ·
I go with option B for all my cars. I even took off the chrome Malibu LTZ letters on the trunk lid, looks real clean now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.